Using Switchwords

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Wiccita

Using Switchwords

Post by Wiccita »

Hello beautiful Wiccan folk. I’ve read about using switchwords, and am curious: after you have written down a switchword to use for a day, what do you do with the paper you wrote it on after the day is over?
Corbin

Re: Using Switchwords

Post by Corbin »

The two that occur to me are 'breathe' and 'stretch out' (though that one is pure jedi ;)).

I do have a few quotes or phrases of change I have considered more aide-mémoires then anything else. One particular one puts me in the probem solver Witchy mindset that I have used frequently (especially in adversity) which comes to mind - it's quite deep and quite powerful, so it's wise to use it responsibly and sparingly.

If you don't like the game: Change the rules.

-----

... she chased Gwion in a rage. Now gifted with the same knowledge of magic as Ceridwen, Gwion transformed himself into a hare and ran. Ceridwen became a greyhound and pursued him. He then became a fish; she transformed into a hungry otter. Again, he changed shape, becoming a bird. And again, Ceridwen transformed into a hawk...
Corbin

Re: Using Switchwords

Post by Corbin »

Re-reading your post, I would keep them in a special box personally, to revisit and refresh as required, like keepsakes or pebbles on a journey.

Not switch words but two other phrases I came up with and coined I often make a point to recall are:

'Certainty murders possibility'

and

'In extremes we perish, in balance we flourish'

The ideas the same I guess, to trigger a change to a broader perspective.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”