Practicing witchcraft with siblings

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Kaelie111

Practicing witchcraft with siblings

Post by Kaelie111 »

Hello! I am 13 and it's been a very short amount of time that I've been practicing witchcraft and I've already been interrupted and laughed at by my siblings. I tried to ask them to stop making fun of me by explaining them that Wicca isn't about worship with the devil. One day I was meditating in front of some candles in my room (I was in my room because it was calm and peaceful and nobody really ever came here) when one of my siblings just bumped in my room. I got up and tried to hide the fact that I was in front of my altar, with lit candles. My sibling said "Don't try to hide it, I know you're a witch and you made fire because it smells like sh*t". I didn't know what to say so I just blew out my candles (even if it's not a good thing to do) and ran outside. I was really sad and now I don't know what to do. From there I decided I will only go in the forest to make spells and meditate, but sometimes it's rainy, sometimes it's to dark to see and sometime my parents just wont let me go outside by my own. I did this once and it was really great and I personally recommend it. Does someone have any ideas for me to get my siblings and other people to respect me, my croyances and my craft? I thank everyone here from the deepest of my heart. You all have already helped me so much! Blessings XO
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Practicing witchcraft with siblings

Post by SpiritTalker »

I hear ya - even in mid-30's my sister thought it was all a joke. I put a $1 hook & eye lock inside on my bedroom door & opened a window because loose sage did stink. I upgraded to better incense. A rattling door wasn't much disruption. She quit after awhile of no response. Sometimes I'd take the dog for a walk & we'd stop at a nice little nook behind the baseball diamond at the grade school where I could meditate or practice in daytime. Instead of a lock that makes a hole in the door & frame you could use a security rod that fits under the door knob. Hardware stores carry them.

https://www.amazon.com/Securityman-Adju ... pons&psc=1
Kaelie111

Post by Kaelie111 »

SpiritTalker wrote:I hear ya - even in mid-30's my sister thought it was all a joke. I put a $1 hook & eye lock inside on my bedroom door & opened a window because loose sage did stink. I upgraded to better incense. A rattling door wasn't much disruption. She quit after awhile of no response. Sometimes I'd take the dog for a walk & we'd stop at a nice little nook behind the baseball diamond at the grade school where I could meditate or practice in daytime. Instead of a lock that makes a hole in the door & frame you could use a security rod that fits under the door knob. Hardware stores carry them.

https://www.amazon.com/Securityman-Adju ... pons&psc=1
Wow! It's funny how simple these ideas are but I didn't even think of! Thanks alot!
Last edited by Firebird on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tapatalk signature advertisement. please remove
Silas Nightfall

Post by Silas Nightfall »

I didn’t realize my path until adulthood, so I never dealt with this. However, I did record my own songs and every time, one of my siblings would barge in, ruining the take. I ended up putting a do not disturb sign on the door and paid them out of my allowance to respect it, when displayed. It mostly worked.
Kaelie111

Post by Kaelie111 »

Silas Nightfall wrote:I didn’t realize my path until adulthood, so I never dealt with this. However, I did record my own songs and every time, one of my siblings would barge in, ruining the take. I ended up putting a do not disturb sign on the door and paid them out of my allowance to respect it, when displayed. It mostly worked.
Thanks!
Last edited by Firebird on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tapatalk signature advertisement. please remove

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”