Higher self

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Ashrend

Higher self

Post by Ashrend »

After a different discussion I'd like to get more intune with my higher self but don't really know how to do it. From a quick Google all IV found is explanations of the higher self essentially being what you are outside of the human experience. So can anyone explain it in more detail and how to connect with said higher self either with your own experiences or just some guidance other than meditation as I'm not great at that. I'm far too fidgety
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Higher self

Post by SpiritTalker »

Detailed definitions aren't workable in my experience. It's not a physical "thing" to be pinned down. HS is fluid by nature. My words for the higher self are soul-consciousness. For a start I think of HS as awareness of the accumulated knowledge of past-present-future lifetimes plus It's the connection to divinity. In my own experience of my own HS it's input is not subtle; more like a megaphone blast. And that may be just personal because that's what it takes to get my attention. There's plenty of meanings to fit any spiritual model. Any interior consultation is going to take some form of meditation. Contemplation is another form. Fidgeting doesn't really matter because fidgets are the present-tense, physical body at a fixed location in the 3-D. When centering we connect to the quiet spot within ourselves (imagine the hole in the doughnut) & anchor with a simple desire to be there. It doesn't matter if we drift a bit with the current or tide. The anchor holds us to the place.

An imaginary way to meet HS that's been useful is of entering a modern high-rise building & taking the elevator to the 45th floor. Then walking to a specific office occupied by HS. Give it any appearance it wants to take. The door's open. Walk in. The high rise & elevator symbolize moving upward through the higher chakras. 4+5=9 has subconscious psychic links to moon-ology. These are just visual aids to stimulate - cough, cough - higher self awareness. You can visit any time. Chances are you'll recall dreams of meetings. One thing that's unmistakable is that your higher self loves you in spite of any masks or fears.
barker

Re: Higher self

Post by barker »

Easiest way to join in with that species is the affirmation "I accept the guiding love of my Higher Self"... it's all pretty perfect and safe, insofar as you are "worldly."

I have travelled an extreme distance with my Higher Self... to the point where it might be realising for me opportunities to describe as worldly, other figures in my life... difficulties at that point, but I gratefully accept most of them. The work on perfection and safety is honest. "We deal in dreams."

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”