Feeling stuck with life..

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
underthemoon18

Feeling stuck with life..

Post by underthemoon18 »

Any spells, meditations, or just general advice is greatly appreciated!

I currently feel stuck in life and seem to get partly untangled, but then one wrong move and I seem to get stuck again. I cannot seem to figure out how to find a good balance in my life, and also stay calm when things are a little off. I have posted on here quite a few times and got some great advice! But I think my main issue seems to be balance.

I feel like most of my life is feeling guilty.
I hang out with my kids, but I am mentally thinking about all of the other things I need to be doing.
I do those things, and spend that entire time feeling like a sh*tty mom because I should be spending time with them.

I want to work out, meditate, write, get more into magic works, but I cannot mentally focus because there is always something more 'important' I should be doing.

It feels like for so long I have been feeling guilty about doing things I love or that relax me because of that feeling of 'there is something else I need to be doing' that I have mentally lost my balance and have now let that mentality seep into other parts of my life.

Taking a bath, meditating, working magic; wastes of time. I could be spending time with kids, planning the week, making grocery list, organizing places in our home, cleaning, etc.

This has sort of spiraled and now I just feel unbalanced and stuck. I don't even know where to begin.
I have more than enough time to do the things I need to do in a day, but just find myself always thinking of other things I need to be doing, and I get so stressed I do NOTHING and then that adds to the stress and so on.

Anyone have any advice/spells/etc to help find my balance and relieve guilt especially when it comes to doing things for myself growth and self in general? And also how to stay calm and at peace when things don't go how I planned? Like when I try to meditate and suddenly baby wakes up, I always get stressed and slightly irritated because I just wanted a moment to myself, then I feel guilty AGAIN because I know he comes first and I know I love spending time with him, and so on.

Thank you for any help!
Silas Nightfall

Re: Feeling stuck with life..

Post by Silas Nightfall »

underthemoon18 wrote:Any spells, meditations, or just general advice is greatly appreciated!

I currently feel stuck in life and seem to get partly untangled, but then one wrong move and I seem to get stuck again. I cannot seem to figure out how to find a good balance in my life, and also stay calm when things are a little off. I have posted on here quite a few times and got some great advice! But I think my main issue seems to be balance.

I hang out with my kids, but I am mentally thinking about all of the other things I need to be doing.
I do those things, and spend that entire time feeling like a sh*tty mom because I should be spending time with them.

I want to work out, meditate, write, get more into magic works, but I cannot mentally focus because there is always something more 'important' I should be doing.

It feels like for so long I have been feeling guilty about doing things I love or that relax me because of that feeling of 'there is something else I need to be doing' that I have mentally lost my balance and have now let that mentality seep into other parts of my life.

Taking a bath, meditating, working magic; wastes of time. I could be spending time with kids, planning the week, making grocery list, organizing places in our home, cleaning, etc.

This has sort of spiraled and now I just feel unbalanced and stuck. I don't even know where to begin.
I have more than enough time to do the things I need to do in a day, but just find myself always thinking of other things I need to be doing, and I get so stressed I do NOTHING and then that adds to the stress and so on.

Anyone have any advice/spells/etc to help find my balance and relieve guilt especially when it comes to doing things for myself growth and self in general? And also how to stay calm and at peace when things don't go how I planned? Like when I try to meditate and suddenly baby wakes up, I always get stressed and slightly irritated because I just wanted a moment to myself, then I feel guilty AGAIN because I know he comes first and I know I love spending time with him, and so on.

Thank you for any help!
I’m 50, have 6 kids and 5 grandkids. I know the feelings so well.

Feeling frustrated or stuck isn’t a bad thing. It’s the elements telling you there’s something you’re currently missing. No person ever has all the answers. That’s why we keep seeking. Remember too, that not all answers are magickal in origin. It can be as easy as finding a new hobby. Remain centered, grounded and just choose. Sometimes something clicks. Sometimes it doesn’t. Kids are often a drain on your energy, but they can also give tremendously. I am sure if you keep looking that you’ll find whatever is missing. You could also be doing too much. Simplicity is a thing too.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I was thinking earlier, that I have three jobs. Nursing, cleaning up after my husband, and trying to avoid losing my mind from the first two.
Spending time with your kids is important, but so is time for yourself. And there are always too many things that need to get done. Get your kids involved in chores, get a kid friendly workout video. Try grounding yourself too.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I was thinking along the lines of prioritizing. All the things you think you "ought" to be doing at any given time are not of the same importance all at the same time. After prioritizing you can delegate the easy chores to older kids.
Yellow diamond light

Post by Yellow diamond light »

I could be way off but it sounds like you need a little bit of excitement, maybe try and have a night out, or something childish like get drunk and go on a bouncy castle with a few friends, whatever floats your boat,
It sounds more or less like the mundanity of everyday life has started to get to you a bit, do whatever you need to get a little spark back in it.
Chapter Four

Post by Chapter Four »

underthemoon18 wrote:Any spells, meditations, or just general advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you for any help!
Move along just to make it through.
It WILL get better! You will be OK!
Life is unexpected , Your life can be changed on the good side within a night, You must keep positive thinking first of all , our mind has tremendous power - our thinking has tremendous power.

You know what , you should read a book - The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari.
barker

Post by barker »

Stuckness is sorrow. You can enlighten it with meditation or prayer, or you can just break it with things like exercise and hard work. Either way, stuckness can be considered unnecessary in the sense that it does not actually trust itself. One has a part of them hidden deeper, a success/failure paradigm, to be motivated by. That paradigm is fundamental to everyone and rather well thought out already, in the world... it's normal. Self-help.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Perhaps get the children involved in meditation and magic,
Then it's a 2 for one, kids are there and you are celebrating the craft :fairy:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen: