Reflecting negative energy

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
cherri

Reflecting negative energy

Post by cherri »

I wonder if it's possible to reflect negative energy back at someone even after they're not a part of your life any longer? Or anything similar you can do towards someone who's treated you badly without it giving you bad karma and counting as black magic? And to also stop that person from continuing hurting other people as well? Like making all the negative things they do reflect back at them?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Reflecting negative energy

Post by SpiritTalker »

Nope. You get back what you send out. Just because a creep deserves a come-upence doesn't let us off the hook. Our safest bet is to transform their harmful energy into strength and nourishing power for ourselves to protect ourselves. Reflections or "mirrors" serve a couple purposes. They return to sender. They'll show us our true reflection. They make doorways to the other realm.

Yes you can reflect their true image back at them to see themselves as they appear to others, but that assumes they care what others think of them. Creeps usually don't give rats patoote.

Yes you can bind some one from doing harm - see "simple spells" knot spells. Binding is not black magic.

Reflecting someone 's negativity back onto them will only make them claw, scratch and strike out more in retaliation. That is their modes opperendi. It's all they know. Hurt or be hurt is their code.
They are pathetic, sick poor excuses taking up space. Yes. We need to wipe them off our shoe & fumigate or burn the shoe!

If I'm remembering clearly you have asked this, or something similar, before & have your reasons. It seems easy and yet isn't a satisfying fix to seemingly just bind someone, but consider that binding metaphorically cuts into the flesh. The more they struggle the tighter the binding gets. There is justice in that.
Siona

Post by Siona »

You could do a simpler mirror box reversal on them. The idea being to trap them in a box of mirrors, so whatever harm they attempt to cause reflects back on them instead of truly harming others. Binding is similar, without the reversal, and would be another option.

But, if they are no longer in your life any more, it might be better not to go bringing them back in through magic. I don't mean physically they would come back into your life should you do one of these workings, but your doing magic on them would suggest you are still tied to them emotionally... putting more energy into that might not be a great idea. It might be better to do a working which would cut those remaining ties, so you can move on from whatever happened with this person.
barker

Post by barker »

Yes I use a mirror bubble/shell for these people. They always show some respect after that. :)
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

Totally agree with the mirror spell. :fairy:
EveningWithAstaroth

Post by EveningWithAstaroth »

I agree here with Siona where she says, if they are currently out of your life, doing magic would bring in a way the memory right back to the fore of the mind. It seems evidence the individual still has an emotional hold.

My advice would be a letting go ritual. I tried one such letting go ritual at the start of this year around February. For a while after this ritual the person came up too often for me in thought, I thought my ritual had not worked. Now? I got fed up completely. And am starting to heal the emotional pain the individual caused me. I was still tied emotionally to the person, still had reasons I felt for liking them. No more. As soon as I learned the lesson needed, thoughts now are on my future hopes, wants, and endeavors.

Perhaps write up a letting go ritual/ or ceremony aimed at healing oneself, and moving on from the individual is the better course of action here.

In the end, their actions, will catch up with them.

One day they will have to answer to something or someone. Perhaps the next person they hurt, may shock them by standing right up to them and look them right in the eye.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Would like to do that with all the prank phone telemarketers. But me thinks two wrongs don't make a right. Probably best to distance yourself from troublemakers and not respond.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Shekinah wrote:Would like to do that with all the prank phone telemarketers. But me thinks two wrongs don't make a right. Probably best to distance yourself from troublemakers and not respond.
A very good advice. Hard to follow, though, but worth thinking over. The universe has it's way of teaching us things and sometimes it may look like you've been wronged, while you have learned a valuable lesson having this experience.
I too agree with Siona - if this person is not in your life anymore, no matter how much you want to, it's not worth it bringing them back. I believe it was SnowCat who said the best revenge is to be happy without this person in your life (not a precise citation, but I hope you got the meaning).

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”