Getting emotional before ritual or spell work

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Getting emotional before ritual or spell work

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Is this normal and is it a good sign?
So I'm doing a healing ritual/spell for my friend Josh with the help of my patron goddess Isis and I'll be honest. I'm getting quite emotional. Now this isn't normal for me to get so emotional before doing any kind of working, so is this a good sign?
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Re: Getting emotional before ritual or spell work

Post by planewalker »

It's only good or bad depending on your viewpoint. It just signifies the reality that you are emotionally invested in the working and outcome because your worried about your friend and want the best for him.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

It can also indicate a "rush" if we've raised energy. A wee bit o' groundin' settles us down. If your mind won't ground satisfactorily, stroke a smooth, plain, palm-size stone, or rub the palms of your hands on the ground, touch earth.
LC

Post by LC »

I get a happy rush feeling, but I keep forgetting to let the energy go and it up hungry and a slight headache
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
casnarl

Post by casnarl »

LC wrote:I get a happy rush feeling, but I keep forgetting to let the energy go and it up hungry and a slight headache
Me too in the work I've done so far. I always immediately go and get a snack afterwards like it's sort of a feeling of I've given all of my energy to the spell and so I need to go and replenish with yummy food. I've been getting headaches too but not for a few hours or even a day or two after. I've taken this as I need to balance where my energy is going a little bit better and make sure I am taking care of myself instead of putting it all into the spell and the desired end goal. Like you said I forget to let it go.
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Riding emotion is not the same as being ridden by emotion.

As I have said to others - the difference between riding a horse and being ridden by a horse ;)
vonPfaf

Post by vonPfaf »

I have an attraction ritual I've done up for a close friend who wants to regain attraction to her husband. My spouse and I will be conducting it with her in two weekends time. I get super excited about how it is going to be, so ya, being emotional is normal. Best thing is to channel all that emotional energy into the ritual itself.

Following the ritual I am super drained. I have always put so much focus and intensity into the spell work, that I am exhausted beyond measure afterwards. Forgetting about the ritual and leaving it with the spirits helps with that as it means I can have a big meal, watch a movie, do anything else mundane and leave it for the spirits to take care of.
casnarl

Post by casnarl »

I have found that doing another "ritual" after the spell ritual helps me. After I finish I clean everything up, get a drink of water, go walk to my nearest pokestop (I play pokemon go religiously), come back home, change clothes, make something to eat, and watch an hour or two of youtube. The whole process is the same each time (why I called it a ritual), and helps to relax and decompress. It works because most of the work I do between 11am and 2pm as that's right around when I wake up on my day off when I have the house to myself. I imagine I'd have a rather different process if I did it at night.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”