Protection symbol

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Gubbinz

Protection symbol

Post by Gubbinz »

I was wondering if any of you had a symbol I could put on the front of my book of shadows to protect it from my father. Any ideas?

Thanks, and blessed be,
Gubbinz
I'm just a nerd that plays tabletop games, plays the electric bass, and wishes that he wasn't as much of a nerd!
Shireside

Re: Protection symbol

Post by Shireside »

Is the idea behind this to keep your father from wanting to open the book should he find it? Or to keep him away from the book/where it is kept in general?
The map is not the territory, the facet is not the jewel.
Gubbinz

Post by Gubbinz »

It is to keep him from finding it in the first place.
I'm just a nerd that plays tabletop games, plays the electric bass, and wishes that he wasn't as much of a nerd!
Shireside

Post by Shireside »

Personally, I'd make a sigil for it. They're easy to create and use, and their accessibility belies some pretty potent magic. In junction with the practical methods of safekeeping your book in a location your father won't likely be snooping around in, doing sigil work with the intention of keeping your secrets away from the eyes of others could be very beneficial.

I'll drop a link here that gives a pretty good explanation of sigil creation and use. There are countless ways of doing this, and while ones only real limit is their imagination, the methods outlined here are generally deemed the basic, tried and true way to go about it.

http://sigildaily.com/activating-rituals/

Hope it helps!
The map is not the territory, the facet is not the jewel.
Gubbinz

Post by Gubbinz »

It has been done. :D Thanks a lot, you really helped a brother out!
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

May I also suggest that you keep it in paper back and then hide it A) in small slit at head of mattress. With small slit book may be put through hole rolled and then unroll it inside slit. B) in stereo speaker C) taped behind back of dresser or other furniture. You can use a nail and twist tie as hook&eye if that's easier than tape. D) In most drawers there will be a top track that it runs on. There is room there to hide a thin book. If you keep it in soft copy it can be hidden in small sections in different places. If you can prove to me you know enough about wiring and electricity I will tell you in E-mail separate from this forum how to hide it down a wall switch. If you want more ideas let me know and I'll see what I can figure out for you. Sometimes the mundane is best. You can then put a concealment spell on it when it's hidden. A trail twist cantrip would also be in order to disguise your concern about the hidden object. Best of luck.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

If you come back to check this because it just reactiated at the top of your topics que, I've a PM waiting for you.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”