Sigil Magick Question

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Greek_Male_Witch

Sigil Magick Question

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Hi fellow Witches...I wanted to ask something about sigil magick. Usually sigils are made by the letters of a phrase that states what you wish to happen but I would like to know if I can use drawings instead of letters.

For example: If I want to stop gossip to draw lips and a big red X on top of them, and charge the sigil as I would charge a normal sigil...would it work or it's too simplistic for magick?

What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Re: Sigil Magick Question

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Oh, I do believe it could work.

But you could print this, write some names of those gossiping on it with an X, as well.

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/1024/me ... ossip2.jpg
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

It is the thought you associate with the Sigil I think it matters little what the form of word or picture is. In Gypsy magick a single black dot gets the job done.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I believe it could work but I wanted to be sure :) thanks!
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Shekinah wrote:It is the thought you associate with the Sigil I think it matters little what the form of word or picture is. In Gypsy magick a single black dot gets the job done.
I was kidding in this thread...partially, Shekinah. However, it does matter in some practices as in Solomonic, Voodoo Veve or Runic magic, we know the sigils work as "circuit board overlays" of consciousness. And I have known a number of Gypsies to use runes or other sigils.

However, I also know where the "point" as we call it comes from: Our four corner runes in a double eight structure have the value 159, which in Obri/Hebrew equals their word for "point" (not "dot"). We have always taught that point is the point of the beginning, and as 159 also equals "flame, surpassing whiteness" and other things too deep to go into here, we say it is what is now called, "The Big Bang."

So any thought placed within it would expand outward in a fractal from that point. Yet, adding a "circuit board overlay" with a sigil, focused on, enhances the possibility matrix of success, if one chooses or needs.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Greek_Male_Witch...
Let me remind you in case the info left your brain, LOL !
"What feels good to you, will work, its the energy you put
into it !"
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Gubbinz

Post by Gubbinz »

I think what really matters is the personal meaning and the will to make change behind the sigil. Nvm someone beat me to that answer...
I'm just a nerd that plays tabletop games, plays the electric bass, and wishes that he wasn't as much of a nerd!
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

As with any magic, intent and focus are the most important things. After long practice, I've got a repetoire of cantrips that I find very useful that I can form with a word of command. Letters are, after all, simple line drawings that hold meaning because they become a societal norm. Line drawings are a communication that is your norm.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”