Magical beings

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Ashrend

Magical beings

Post by Ashrend »

Just wanted to ask some information about the creation of beings made of magic. I remember a post about them but cant find it now. Ive heard that they can be both hard and easy to create, what are your opinions on them? Are they magical slaves or beings of choice? Can you give them the choice ? What do they do?
Tutmosis

Re: Magical beings

Post by Tutmosis »

I think they're easy to create.

Personally, I've made all the beings I create with free will, but some people are against that Because they think they'll go rogue and attack them. That's happened once to me.

When you create a being it's important to have a ton of details that you intend for them to have. It's best to construct a sigil based off of their creation, also an object that you associate with them and tie that to them as well.

This helps ground and summon the spirit you are creating.
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

Right now I have two beings I've created, but their purpose is to exist. I nudge them towards seeking enlightenment, but other than that they have no true instructions.

They are fun to have around. They both crave the love I give them, and I'm the same way. They help when I feel depressed sometimes. But you can create a being however you want.

Creating an intelligence may be the hardest part about it. Making a sentient spirit is not easy. And they're not your basic constructs that you give orders to. They are fully independent of you, and if they chose, could start a life without needing you in it.

That's why I believe comprising your creation with love energy, and instilling a heart within them. It's important.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

You are looking for the Tulpamancy thread, and I issue the same warning as I did there.
Whew, okay, I am going to start with my own disclaimer. "tulpamancy" is a very new term for what has been around for ages, and I am rather stuck in my ways and hard very hard viewpoints on it with disagree with your own. So the following in my personal opinion and belief system.

When I was a fresh up and coming witch we didn't even have a word for it. We were simply creating servitors and egregores. Giving a little spark of life to these thoughtforms. For a number of years I even specialized in this field. Creating and devouring a few dozen of these over the span of these years. And yes I said devour. After they fulfilled their purpose I ate them.

They are created by you force of will, and by summoning a faint glimmer of that divine spark, but no matter what you do, you as a magician will never be able to create true life. It may be uncannily close, but it is not true life. Like the artificial intellegence of many movies, eventually it will go wrong. It will go wild. You will not be able to control it. The longer it lives the harder it will be to kill. I battled with a particular one I let live longer than it should have for nearly half an hour before I was thankfully able to eat it. It was strong from its creation and it was very useful up until is started disobeying orders.

If you let these things exist on their own without maintenance they will inevitable be corrupted. Why do you think people have a finite life span? If you want to play God you need to fully understand the consequences. Egregores let free are a large portion of supposed hauntings, poltergeists, and such. They become, as already mentioned, vampiric mockeries of life and need to be put down.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Very interesting, the reason i ask is because last night i tried to create one. And unless my imagination is very good, i succeeded. I gave it free will but was comprised of good and bad, tho tried to lean it to good. Iv given it a life span and at its heart is a shard of my soul. So i might if just created an adolecent incomplete magical self, but they seem intelligent and have the form of a large white cat. Thoughts?

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”