Personal Names?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
astrowitch

Personal Names?

Post by astrowitch »

When joining a coven or doing witchy things, is it appropriate/alright to assign myself a different name than I use in my everyday life? Something used only in/with the circle and for rituals? Or is a coven name, I'll call it that, assigned to you/chosen when you join one? Or are they not very common?
TheLuckyBlackCat

Re: Personal Names?

Post by TheLuckyBlackCat »

Since we are on an online forum most of us already have 'another name' so I don't think it would be weird to have a 'coven name'.
Winter Wind

Post by Winter Wind »

Since I'm a solitary witch I've never felt the need of having one, but if you're interested, take a look at this topic:
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... es#p200503
“To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
Beethoven
astrowitch

Post by astrowitch »

Thank you all! It was very helpful.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I think when most people initiate themselves or into a coven they take a new name that represents the magical side of their lives. Its not necessary, just a personal decision or choice. Especially since so many people are still in the broom closet.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”