Interpreting Signs

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
nightstar

Interpreting Signs

Post by nightstar »

Hope this is the right place to pose this question but here it goes...
How does one recognize signs? How can you tell if it is legit or if you are reading too much into something? I know that signs can be subtle or really obvious or sometimes it is just coincidence. how can you tell the difference?
Nightstar

***<3***<3****<3
"Change your thoughts and you can change your world" -Norman Vincent Peale
Proudmoore

Re: Interpreting Signs

Post by Proudmoore »

I don't know (don't think) there is a way to be 100% sure if it's a sign or just imagination and hope playing tricks. It may not be very helpful but I always go with my guts. Sorry if it sounds bad :) I mean I can feel inside if it's right or wrong, something tells me -yup this is it. Then I follow the path. I make mistakes - sure but less often that you'd think :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think Proudmoore is on target. Scientific studies have shown that the gut feeling is usually correct.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
cloverfox

Post by cloverfox »

I feel like I get signs all the time, or frequently. Mostly when a spider crosses my path I know something is up, not necessarily bad, but more often then not it's around the time my rent is about to come out. A while back I did a bunch of research and even asked questions here about the symbolism of spiders appearing and I believe it is that there will be a loss of money in your near future, so it's only fitting around rent time, haha. I always acknowledge the spider and thank it for showing up and reminding me (not that I forget, lol). I love seeing spiders though :)
shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

Agree with Proudmoore. Though for me... I make mistakes a lot of times. I think it should be yes but reality is no. I don't really get the gut feeling too well, I think I need to learn how to feel it better. Perhaps, practice and note down the differences between what you felt it is and what really happened?
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I often receive signs and from what I've experienced, I can tell usually you already know the answer. I mean if you are in a situation where you need to make a decision, you probably have a pretty good idea of what it should be, you just sometimes don't want to make a hasty one and therefore you are waiting for a sign. And when it comes, you know. It doesn't matter if the sign is obvious or hazy, it's there. You usually know for sure if this was a sign after you follow (or don't) it. I know it doesn't make much sense, but that's the case with me. I also agree with Proudmoore you should follow your instinct - it's usually right and you need to learn to listen.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

I follow my instincts and also ask for signs to help me decide... :|
It may be a feather, a lot of birds singing out-not just one, raven
passing over head as they squawk a "hello", being here in the "city"
part of town I don't get much wildlife.
Just my 2-cents worth :fairy:
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Rainbow Light
MsMollimizz

Until one has loved an animal,