How to deeply live Wicca day to day

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
onyx208

How to deeply live Wicca day to day

Post by onyx208 »

Hey y'all!

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here it goes.

I have been doing a lot of research and question-asking about this new beautiful endeavor of mine into the spiritual realm. I have prayers, chants, meditation, rituals, etc but my question is how do I step it up to the point where Wicca is integrated in each waking moment? Of course that is an ideal which I will have to be satisfied with "progress, not perfection" but how do I make a start into truly living Wicca? When I'm going through my day, when I'm not taking the set time for my beliefs, what principles and actions should guide me? what are little ways I can make contact with the powers greater that myself as I trudge throughout my day and often think only of my life?

Hopefully that makes sense... I don't want my beliefs to be something I only notice in set times when I do my rituals etc etc. I want to live Wicca.
graveghoul

Re: How to deeply live Wicca day to day

Post by graveghoul »

I'm not Wiccan but I've studied it and this is my personal opinion. Day to day would involve thanks and reverence to nature and whatever pantheon you may follow. Try to be conscience of saving the environment, helping your fellow person, and keeping yourself healthy and spiritual. That's really all I've gathered from my 4 month study of Wicca. Well, in a nutshell. Hope someone can answer better than me.
cloverfox

Post by cloverfox »

It makes sense :)

I was just thinking to myself recently, and this may sound weird or not make sense, but some days I often feel "more Wiccan" than others. Or just "more witchy" in general. I think if I start my day off with a morning meditation at my window I feel better about the day and as though I have brought on a positive energy to start right. If I talk to god/goddess and bless the day kind of and tell myself it's going to be a good day, it makes me feel more connected and good.

I dunno, maybe that's confusing? Lol.
onyx208

Post by onyx208 »

Thanks this all is great!

I just thought of something that might help. Like a mantra so to speak that I can recite to myself thought the day. Be it an ideal as in "Make me a channel of thy peace" or a reminder like "The Goddess is in all beauty" or something else to ground me in my hectic lifestyle. What do you think?
cloverfox

Post by cloverfox »

Totally. That would be something really good for first thing in the morning and maybe throughout the day if you think of it. It would be something I would do too! Thanks for the nice idea ;)
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

I try to do things like this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/073873 ... UTF8&psc=1
and at least try to do some parts of it every few days or so...
Just a thought
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
onyx208

Post by onyx208 »

Thank you so much for that book recommendation! I absolutely love it. Right up my alley.
nightstar

Post by nightstar »

I have found to live daily in my wiccan belief is to notice the warmth of the sun, the snow fall, the stars twinkling, plants growing. You mentioned that you have horses and at least one dog, watch them interact with one another and their environment. I watch my dog jo play all the time and it is....indescribable. One of the books that has helped me with this is Scott Cunningham's "Living Wicca". It has been an invaluable tool for me when it comes to the day to day life of my wiccan path.
Nightstar

***<3***<3****<3
"Change your thoughts and you can change your world" -Norman Vincent Peale
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I began to do daily rituals a while ago to help me feel more connected... really small things that make a difference. If I'm leaving straight to work I might ask the gods to bless my morning cup of coffee to keep me focused. I light a candle in honor of the gods if I'm going to be home for the day. When walking my dogs, I will tell them all the beautiful things I see and am thankful for.
Little things make me feel more connected.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Ravenstar

Post by Ravenstar »

I was just about to post the same question. Yeah, some days I feel more witchy too. I carry stones with me to help keep me grounded and help with depression. That book by Scott Cunningham I just thought it was a general Wicca 101 kind of thing. I will read it. Let's see, meditation, a set time to read or study, grounding, chakra work, honoring nature. That's allIes can think of for now. Blessings. :flyingwitch:
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

I would suggest reading all his books !
Gentle Rainbow Light
MsMollimizz

Ravenstar

Post by Ravenstar »

Thanks. Blessings.
Chinabandit

Post by Chinabandit »

I feel it important to feel the sun and/or moon light on your face. Enjoy the moment while doing so with no thought at all. Thank the Goddess and God. Listening to the natural world is wonderful too. I try to answer a personal question with tarot as well. Begin a mineral collection and take a chakra specific stone in the palm of your hand while sitting quietly. There are so, so many ways. What works for you is best. :flyingwitch:
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Here's another not quite as good as the other,
but it's still good...
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_ ... Caps%2C450