I accidentally got blood on my book of spells!

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Iset

I accidentally got blood on my book of spells!

Post by Iset »

I know if you get blood on any of your altar tools you have to dispose of them, but does a book of spells count as an altar tool? I haven't been able to find anything specifically on it.

It wasn't anything sinister, I had a cut on my hand that didn't have a bandage on it and it reopened some time during my ritual.
I've changed my username from RisingPhoenix to my craft name Iset!
Shub Niggurath

Re: I accidentally got blood on my book of spells!

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Where did you get the info from that you have to dispose of your altar tools if they get blood on them?
That is untrue. In fact, some people use blood on purpose to strenghten their bond with magickal tools. Personally I think it's nothing to be worried about ;)
Iset

Post by Iset »

I think I got it from a Thea Sabin book. I'm glad it's not a widespread rule then, it would take a ridiculous amount of time to transcribe into a new book!
I've changed my username from RisingPhoenix to my craft name Iset!
Myrrdin Greyoak

Post by Myrrdin Greyoak »

Plus the fact that's it's your own blood and got there by accident,also there is no malicious intent involved and no harm to another living creatue, I wouldn't worry too much about it. As for the tools if you get blood on them and it makes you nervous try cleansing them in the Elements.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

I've used my own blood in rituals before and accidentally getting any drops on tools or your BoS shouldn't harm anything. I wouldn't dispose of your book at all. Accidents happen no big deal
Katiara

Post by Katiara »

That's one I never heard before. I am not Wiccan, but I can't see a reason to dispose of anything that gets blood on it. Blood is part of life, a part of you. You didn't do anything malicious, no ill intent, no worries. It is your own so if anything you sealed your book with your own protection.
eclectic witch

Post by eclectic witch »

I don't think it'd effect anything, and I don't see a reason to dispose of something so precious because you got blood on it. If anything I'd think it'd make it more 'yours'

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”