anyone seen this symbol before?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Kek-Ka

anyone seen this symbol before?

Post by Kek-Ka »

hi, I came accross a symbol(s) and would like to know if anyone recognises it to be from a rune or alphabet.
thanks,
symbol01.jpg
symbol01.jpg (4.66 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Shub Niggurath

Re: anyone seen this symbol before?

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Hmm, that's interesting.
I've checked Etruscan, Enochian, Ogham, all the Futhark variants (Elder, Younger, Anglo-frisian, Armanen), even Turkish, Indian, Cherokee and there's nothing quite like it. There is a slight resemblance in one of the rare variants of Nȳd and Sygel (Anglo-Frisian runes) and Cherokee So and Tlo signs but I don't think it's related.
Where did you find this symbol? Any background? Any additional info could help with figuring out what the symbol is.
Gentle Melody

Post by Gentle Melody »

It reminds me of the kanji "Yama", but i think that it's not related to the symbol you want to know. :(
As Levitating Cat said, if you have any additional info, it will be easier to find its meaning.
"If you can't let go, you will end up empty-handed
If you can't control, you'll live your life in vain"

Design Your Universe ~ Epica
Kek-Ka

Post by Kek-Ka »

thanks for checking.
I was communicating with tree, a nice big one, I projected an image of the tree in my mind and it projected back an image of myself, I came back the next day.. and the pattern was on the tree, in the area i was touching it, looked like it had oozed white sap of some kind that had dried overnight.

I was wondering if it meant anything. now that I have had some time to think about it, there are 3 marks in the first symbol and 1 mark in the second. which is my age 31. :shock:
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Ohh, that narrows the search down a bit. If you could tell me what was the tree species that would be great.

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that the symbol itself is not the most important thing here. The sap however... it's the tree's "blood" - the most personal gift it has to offer. Maybe it offered the sap to you to let you know that it wants to create a bond with you? It might depend on the species because some trees' sap can be used in healing and some is poisonous.
Go with what your intuition is telling you. If you got a positive impression from the tree you might consider offering something in return.
Kek-Ka

Post by Kek-Ka »

thanks for your help, yes i might offer it water when i pass by often, and maybe something else :D

not sure what species maybe australian gum tree. it's very big
IMG_0015e.jpg
IMG_0017e.jpg
Rachaelraq

Post by Rachaelraq »

How amazing

I hope you find some spare time to be near this tree, if it has reached out to you in such a special way. You are blessed xx

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”