Myrrh/ Patchouli incense substitution

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Xx

Myrrh/ Patchouli incense substitution

Post by Xx »

I am going to consecrate some tools and I don't have myrrh or patchouli incense. Is there a substitution I can use? I need to pass the tools through the incense smoke. I found the consecration spell on the main EUTM website.
Siona

Re: Myrrh/ Patchouli incense substitution

Post by Siona »

You could also use frankincense, sage, rosemary, sandalwood, rose... Really, almost any incense will do, and there are many ways to consecrate a tool, some ways don't call for incense at all.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Incense and other props recommended by pre-created spells are chosen by the author because of his or her own preferences and tradition. There's no hard rules regarding what you can and can't use. Follow your intuition, use what feels right for you (or what is financially viable for you).
Xx

Post by Xx »

Good advice! Thank you both! :D
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

As the others have stated it is up to your own personal needs as to what to use in the means of consecrating. Anything can be used it does not have to be specific if the ritual or spell you are using was written by somebody else. Spells and rituals always work best when you personalize them to your own needs. Blessed Be.
Xx

Post by Xx »

Thanks for the advice!

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”