Contact me spell failed twice?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
mimi_grace

Contact me spell failed twice?

Post by mimi_grace »

I'm wondering if anyone can offer advice. I did the green candle contact me spell first back in August and after 5 weeks it hadn't worked and so I did it again, but a little differently. I applied lavender oil to the candle and I did it when the moon was full. I also did it three nights in a row, as I read it works better if you do it that way.

I've still had no contact with the person I was hoping to talk to. Is there any other simple contact me spell I could try? Or could I try a think of me spell instead? I'm not very experienced - I only usually do spells to rid myself of negative energy. I'm beginning to think that maybe I'm not meant to have contact with this person.

Thanks,
Mimi
Echo_of_shadows

Re: Contact me spell failed twice?

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Hi again. :wave:
I looked over your original post. Wow, you've really waited this one out! Nine months. Not being meant to contact this person could be one of the reasons you haven't heard from this person. Magick and spell work can fail for any number of reasons, not just Mercury in retrograde or the pesky phase known as moon void of course. I found an article that may be of interest to you. The blog itself is based on Hoodoo and rootwork, but the information can be applied to any spell work because it gives examples of why spells fail, and it also tells you what to do about it.
My thought about when to call it quits is this: treat your spells and magick like home organization. Anything you haven't worn in a year, used in a year, or it has been broken for a year; it's time to move on. It may hurt for a while since you tried your best and were looking forward for a certain outcome, but everything happens for a reason.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I've still had no contact with the person I was hoping to talk to. Is there any other simple contact me spell I could try? Or could I try a think of me spell instead? I'm not very experienced - I only usually do spells to rid myself of negative energy. I'm beginning to think that maybe I'm not meant to have contact with this person.
Hi Mimi, this may sound obvious, but is there some reason why you couldn't contact this person via conventional means, like phone or email, and you need magic to make him/her contact you first? Oftentimes, magic is actually NOT the best way to accomplish your intended outcome (for example, you can try to move a feather using the power of your brain alone, or you can, you know, just pick up the feather with your hand). I don't know anything about your situation, but I just want to get this out of the way first.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

One of the most common mistakes that prevent us from effectively casting spells is... it feels like we are talking to a wall. Some people who are new to the craft, don't actually sense the forces and energies that work behind the magick, how can we tell that we are indeed performing magick or casting spell? A monologue incantation is awkward at best; at worst a little crazy.

Most people believe in the power and potency of their spells, charms or potions. Taking a major exam, boosting energy, searching for love, if a loved one is sick, magickally inclined folks tend to cast spells and ask for help. That means we must believe that we are utilizing something "real" out there.

My suggestion is do your magick like you're working in your office. You work without losing your train of thought, with passion and interest, ignoring the disturbances to finish your job! Your knowledge that you have to do this or that was so strong that you managed a focused work beautifully!

So, it's not the lack of tangibility that causes the spell to work; it's that we don't concertize to ourselves how real magick and the forces and energies are, and what an incredible opportunity it is to use them properly.

I also think that a change of perspective is crucial here: Spells works. It's up to us to see how it works. Sometimes it works like it's "not right now" or "works on patience or some other character trait and try to cast again next week/ next month/ next year."

We have to evaluate whether our intention in doing magick was truly beneficial to us in the long run. If it is, maybe there's some other growth that is expected of us in order to receive what we want or need. We should also need to see and realize if our magick isn't going against other's will.

Magick isn't a candy machine. Asking sparks an outright grant. We need to learn to look out for the responses of our spells, try to understand and accept them, and then re-evaluate our own choices and requests. And perform magick, with renewed understanding, awareness, trust and connection to your own power, the energies and forces and to your Highest Ideal.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

Echo, Xiao and Seraphin have given really good advice but just wanted to add a couple more observations~

Every now and again, magick or spells can take years to take form. I know that is probably miserable to think about, but it has happened to me more than once. Sometimes long after I had even thought about it.

As someone said above, there are times when you may think you want something but in the grand scheme of things, had you gotten it, it would have been an unparalleled disaster. Sometimes not getting exactly what we desire actually results in moving in a much more preferable direction. Unfortunately, this is not always apparent until after quite some time.
mimi_grace

Post by mimi_grace »

Thanks for the responses. You've all given me some things to think about. Long story short, the only contact I had with this person was via his work email address. We had what I now think was a bit of a misunderstanding and I didn't respond to his last email to me. He now no longer works where he did and I have no way to contact him. Even though we only communicated through his work, I would call him an acquaintance. We had previously met a couple of times and had spoken on the phone. I don't want to interfere with his life in any way, I would just like to speak to him again to see how he's doing and also to let him know I'm not angry about his last message to me.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I would use a yellow candle for communication anointed with a mix of cinnamon, lavender and star anise oils (or herbs steeped in your carrier oil) and roll the anointed candle in dandelion fluff. Repeat the incantation you have been using, focusing upon the candle flame while visualising the person face. Telepathically let them know you need to speak with them.
mimi_grace

Post by mimi_grace »

Thanks Ravencry. I will give this a go!
Farore

Post by Farore »

Does he have the means to contact you as well? If he no longer has his work email he probably doesn't still have your email and may not remember it.. If he doesn't know your contact info he may want to contact you but can't. And perhaps if you ended communication on bad terms he doesn't want to speak with you still. In a situation like that a contact me spell seems like it may be attempting to alter his own free will....

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”