Prisms?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Selena Silverlynx

Prisms?

Post by Selena Silverlynx »

Hello everyone,
I've been reading a witchcraft book of mine and I read that having a prism on your altar was a sort of necessary. I'm not sure if I need that, but I found some beautiful prisms at a local store and fell in love with them.
Are prisms on the altar necessary, or, at least, good? What affect do they give?

Selena Silverlynx
Why are black cats associated with witches?
Because black is an awesome colour, cats are awesome, and so are witches. People are actually linking awesomeness to awesomeness to awesomeness. ;)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Prisms?

Post by Firebird »

I have cut glass crystals hanging in the window...they break up the light like a prism does. For me, the effect around the room is amazingly cosmic, I am capturing all the colors of the rainbow and casting them all about the room, talk about psychedelics! yeah! and no drugs needed! I feel a rush of energy like the light is charging the room. Could be it is acting like a cleanser of the Air, or the Ether, or maybe fire.... or maybe all.
The cats love it, and try desperately to capture the little rainbow blobs of light.
I haven't heard of a prism being necessary, but I view the Great Spirit to be light that can be cast in many colors each having their own qualities and energies...this is the way polytheism works for me.
in love and light!
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Selena Silverlynx

firebirdflys wrote:I have cut glass crystals hanging in the window...they break up the light like a prism does. For me, the effect around the room is amazingly cosmic, I am capturing all the colors of the rainbow and casting them all about the room, talk about psychedelics! yeah! and no drugs needed! I feel a rush of energy like the light is charging the room. Could be it is acting like a cleanser of the Air, or the Ether, or maybe fire.... or maybe all.
The cats love it, and try desperately to capture the little rainbow blobs of light.
I haven't heard of a prism being necessary, but I view the Great Spirit to be light that can be cast in many colors each having their own qualities and energies...this is the way polytheism works for me.
in love and light!
Firebird
Thank you, Firebird!
Because black is an awesome colour, cats are awesome, and so are witches. People are actually linking awesomeness to awesomeness to awesomeness. ;)
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I haven't heard of a prism being necessary either, but you gotta admit, they sure cast pretty rainbows around the room when light hits them! smileylove The decision of what goes on the altar is a personal one that varies by person. Since you fell in love with some, why not have them on your altar or around the room? You'll be more likely to bond with the tools you love having on your altar than the tools that are only there because of what a book says.
Selena Silverlynx

Echo_of_shadows wrote:I haven't heard of a prism being necessary either, but you gotta admit, they sure cast pretty rainbows around the room when light hits them! smileylove The decision of what goes on the altar is a personal one that varies by person. Since you fell in love with some, why not have them on your altar or around the room? You'll be more likely to bond with the tools you love having on your altar than the tools that are only there because of what a book says.
True. The book, in my opinion, had some good points but some things were fluff.
Thank you. :)
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

I always have quartz points on my altar and yes I also have the hanging crystals too (sucker for a rainbow light show too....). No prisms though.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”