Blood Moon

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
ravenwhite

Blood Moon

Post by ravenwhite »

Any significance to the blood moon? Just curious Thanks
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blood Moon

Post by Firebird »

Yes, sorry we didn't get to this sooner...as you probably know we just had the Blood Moon, The October Moon is known by many names,...Seed Fall, Hunters, Harvest, Sanguine (which suggests the color of the moon is red) as the days are now getting shorter and the weather about to change we loom on the precipice of winter, cattle and other livestock that weren't likely to survive the upcoming cold would be culled at this time, thus lending to the Bloody name, this Moon is a time when it is good to let go of outworn ideas, actions or things in your life that no longer serve you. Making a promise to yourself, one that really requires some sacrifice, could be done with your own blood. If you happen to to be a woman and your monthly falls on this moon, It would be a perfect time to honor your self and the sacrifice you go though every month to be prepared for seed. (actually any time your "moon" falls on the Moon (full or dark) is a good time for a self worship ritual).
I think it could be called Sacrifice Moon or Letting Go Moon....
Time to quit smoking? This would be the Moon for it.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”