Continuation of Candle spell

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
missterious

Continuation of Candle spell

Post by missterious »

Question: I cannot find the answer to this anywhere online! I have been doing a spell involving different candles representing different aspects of my life. I started this spell with the proper anointment on the lunar eclipse but it was too windy, so continued it again on the next lunar eclipse (2 in a row, how lucky!) And could not finish it because apparently the candles took forever to burn down! So I am waiting for the next fullmoon to continue, as I am hoping the eclipses would have only added to the strength. However, I am afraid someone has touched my tools. My question is, Should I annoint the candles an tools again? I am afraid annointing would cleanse it of all the work and magick put into it before. Please give your opinion. Thank you!
Echo_of_shadows

Re: Continuation of Candle spell

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I don't think anointing tools repeatedly would remove any energy from them, as anointing adds energy and cleansing is to remove energy.
If you feel that you should anoint your candles and tools again, go ahead, it couldn't hurt. It would actually add more power to your spell through your repeated interaction with these particular tools. If you do your spell and still feel that the outcome was affected by the fact that somebody may have touched your tools, you can cleanse and consecrate your tools and try again.
I hope this helps. :)
missterious

Post by missterious »

but if I cleanse my candles I am afraid that would remove the original intentions/carvings/anointments. I don't want to start all over-- I just want to finish the spell with all of the added energy through the months. But I do not want anyone's touch/intentions but my own. Is there a way to purify another's touch while doing my own spell? (thinking about dripping white candle wax on other candles to purify it.. don't know if it will work...)
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

You'll probably get several different opinions on this.

My opinion is not to worry too much about it. Worrying creates negative energy that can self sabotage a spell or ritual. If you're worried about someone 'tainting' your tools you can smudge them with sage then sprinkle them with cinnamon. To add power to your spell you can also put a handful of quartz crystals around your circle.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Both of the above suggestions are wonderful and should defintely work. I prefer smudge sticks myself to purify an object, especially in an instance such as yours where your tools may be "tainted." Your energies will stay there and any negative gone. I hope we have all helped you and this spell works for you, as you have been working on it for quite some time. Blessed Be.
kay 32

Post by kay 32 »

Hello
Yes reading through the answers I was agreeing with the smudging. I think that's the way to go. Perhaps something else you might try (not sure) but perhaps you could also leave your tools in a circle of salt for a night too. If you do that once you remove the salt dispose of it in the ground don't re use it
Hope it works for you
BB K :-)
missterious

Post by missterious »

Great, thank you very much. I will try the smudging and the crystals to add more power. Full moon this Thursday 4am. Blessed Be to all

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”