holiday calendar

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Arwena23

holiday calendar

Post by Arwena23 »

Can someone please post a Wiccan holiday calendar? Over the years I have had so much trouble keeping up with them as a solitary witch.
THANX! :fairy:
scaravich

Re: holiday calendar

Post by scaravich »

http://wicca.cnbeyer.com/sabbat.shtml

This gives both meanings and traditions along with the Lord and Lady's story told in the wheel of the year. It is brief and not too vague or complicated.

Its pretty easy to remember them if you think of them in terms of the seasons. They all fall at the change of seasons and the middle of seasons (solstice/equinox). The next one coming up is Litha (midsummer/summer solstice) next month.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have this sculpture in the covenstead, it is a great way to have a visual on where we are in the year.
here is another...well
maybe later,...I was surprised how difficult it was to find a clear and relatively accurate image of the cycle of the year
BB, Fiebird
OK time to try again, this one has astrological references, which I like...
this one is real sweet embroidery...I have yet to locate a wheel with correct dates....still looking...
Ok... I don't think I am going to find wheel that has the correct dates, I may have to make you one :surprisedwitch: :fairy:
back later...

hope this helps
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Here is some very basic information on the wheel of the year...http://www.reclaiming.org/about/witchfa ... fyear.html
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

http://pagancalendar.co.uk/

Listed are the fire festivals, quarter days, moon phases, and astrological movements.

You can print these out as a pdf, and/or download the Android app of it.

Arwena23

Post by Arwena23 »

thanks thanks
Arwena23

Post by Arwena23 »

so if I'm celebrating solo. (my husband doesn't do any holidays) should the cakes and ale be similar to like... communion? I've always just ate the dinner I made for the fam and considered it cakes and ale. what u think?
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I sort of feel like you should make at least one thing especially for holidays and sabbats ... I have a recipe for full moon cakes that are somewhat ceremonial in nature that I use sacrificially, and last Yule I made a Buche de Noel (a Yule Log cake) that served as my secret celebration of Yule. I think it makes a difference if you actually do make something a little out of the ordinary.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

Arwena23 wrote:so if I'm celebrating solo. (my husband doesn't do any holidays) should the cakes and ale be similar to like... communion? I've always just ate the dinner I made for the fam and considered it cakes and ale. what u think?
It can be anything. For Beltane the cakes and ale I used with my one other witch friend were literally s'mores and apple juice. We also roasted cinnamon apples and plums. We held a blot with the jug of apple juice and just passed the jug back and forth. My boyfriend who came with us but then didn't want to participate in the blot was watching and said he was a little let down because he didn't think our ritual was very ceremonial, but it felt very sacred to the two of us. Also, we were trying to be relatively portable because we used an outdoor fireplace and chimney on our college campus.
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

:surprisedwitch: My apologies. My account seems to LOVE double posting lately. :surprisedwitch:
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Being solitary can be great. You can do things that aren't ordinary lol. I love Vervain's post about her cakes and ale simply being s'mores and apple juice. To me, that is what being a Pagan is all about...simply finding your own path and making things special. It's up to you if you choose to practice with elaborate rites or simple celebrations. That is the beauty of this path in my opinion! :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
scaravich

Post by scaravich »

Yeah, I also do not use cakes and ale because I don't like either of those two things lol. Well, sometimes, but usually they are kind of offputting to me. I like to make something special and meaningful to me. Especially a special tea. And well, for cakes it gets creative... but usually its a baked good I guess. :)
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

raynelae wrote:To me, that is what being a Pagan is all about...simply finding your own path and making things special. It's up to you if you choose to practice with elaborate rites or simple celebrations. That is the beauty of this path in my opinion! :)
Yes! And I love the idea visually of a more elaborate rite, but when you're on a budget (money AND time) you have to get creative, and since Beltane is a fire festival... :D
Arwena23

Post by Arwena23 »

sorry I haven't thanked you all for your great advise. i have been having difficulties with my browser but i think its cleared up now.
on another forum i like to frequent I have been getting some critisizm (in a less than positive way) about not doing everything the same way as (just the one person) them. brought me down a little. lol
so I am VERY VERY relieved that I am back here. lol
I love how everyone here is so friendly!!

and I have decided that my cakes and ale, unless I am having a gathering with the family, is a bit of a "comunion style" I was raised in a christian household so that's what it feels like to me, not that I think about te christian god when I am doing it, just that the actions seem similar.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

If it feels right, you're doing the right thing! :)

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”