Quick questions about spells

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Snugglebunneh

Quick questions about spells

Post by Snugglebunneh »

Is it possible to make your own spells up? Or are there set spells that you have to stick to?
Has anyone done a spell before without using any candles, and things?
Thanks for your help.
Love and light smileydance
raynelae

Re: Quick questions about spells

Post by raynelae »

Of course you can make up your own spells. Everyone's path is different and personal so it's necessary to make your own spells. Like now, with the changes the earth is going through, it would be a good time to cast a spell for world peace. Assuming you're a beginner, before casting spells, I suggest reading some books on witchcraft...a great author is Scott Cunningham. Hope this helps :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Snugglebunneh

Post by Snugglebunneh »

:lol: Thank you Raynelae, I'm reading a few at the minute. Trying to seek out my path
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Take your time...don't rush when seeking your path.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

sometimes we use those battery operated candles where fire isn't allowed. Maybe those would work for you. They are still very fiery, being the battery is the spark and fire force. Hope this helps. Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old post

Cunningham’s Solitary Wicca is available as a free pdf. https://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/relig ... tioner.pdf

DAILY - salute the Sun & Earth (Sol & Gaia)
To project: draw power from earth & sky on the breath into the gut; think of the goal, push thru the hands; load-aim-shoot 🙌🏽

Prepare a Workspace
. Set your gear inside the intended space
. Sweep a circular space 🔄 to dispel stagnant energy; then point 👉🏼 & project the circle↩️; make up a rhyme if you like

Substitute When Incense or Candles Aren’t OK
. Substitute aerosols for incense; mist is the Air element symbol - add a few drops of scented oil in a 2 oz spray bottle with water & tsp of rubbing alcohol, shake before use. Or substitute lemon juice for scented oil.
. Substitute modern "LED" candles 🕯- the visual symbolism is obvious & batteries make electricity as the fire element.
.. instead of dressing the candle with oil, anoint and charge 🙌🏽 a petition paper & slip it under the LED🕯. Set the timer. When it times out the flame turns off & the spell’s done. You can re-use the LED again & again. Shred the sigil at a liminal hour - dawn, noon, dusk, midnight - to release its power.
. To Make a Petition - use a small piece of paper. List the goal 3 times one below the other. Turn the paper 1/4 turn & overwrite it with the recipient’s name 3 times. If the recipient is you use your initials & DOB. Turn the paper 1/4 turn & overwrite all with your signature three times.

If you’re stuck for a spell incantation use this all purpose jingle inspired by the Witch’s Rune. “Earth, water, air & fire, work now for my desire. X I now acquire, by earth, water, air & fire.“

A few spell methods that don’t use candles: bags/sachets, cords/knots, petitions, potions, sigils, stone stroking

Make your own Spells
. choose ingredients by association to the goal - by element, color, scent, suggestive appearance
. Incantations tell the magic what the results are to be, don’t say what you don’t want; chants don’t have to rhyme

ELEMENTAL CORRESPONDENCES MINI REFERENCE

💨 E-Air incense, aerosol; chant, sigil; 🟡, intellect; marjoram, mint, sage, bubbles; citrine, tiger eye
🔥 S-Fire - oil, candle/LED; 🔴; vitality, passion; basil, cinnamon, rosemary, pepper; red jasper, obsidian
💦 W-Water - cup; use potions, bottle; 🔵; emotions, psychism; lemon, rose, thyme; seashells; turquoise
🌎 N-Earth - stones & grids, knots; 🟢; home, prosperity; grains, mugwort, patchouli, salt; hematite, jade

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”