LSD , DMT , Mushrooms etc?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Jade

LSD , DMT , Mushrooms etc?

Post by Jade »

Hello, my name is Mike and I am very new to Wicca. I am early on in my year and day of gaining knowledge and I am asking these questions not to offend or disrespect...but to gain wisdom.

I have always been a user of psychedelics...not in the sense of going to parties "wasted on acid" or abusing these drugs...but to find secret truths about myself and to meditate. I use them as tools.

Now my question is as follows : Is using psychedelics against the ideals of the Wicca faith? Would performing rituals / spells while in an altered state be dangerous? Is the use of these "drugs" (I dont view psychedelics as drugs exactly) be disrespectful to the god / goddess? Please forgive my ignorance =]
roseonfire

Re: LSD , DMT , Mushrooms etc?

Post by roseonfire »

From a strictly scholarly standpoint: Gardner included that the use of drugs and alcohol were sometimes used in ritual to help in trance. However, drugs are not necessary and can even block your channels while influenced by them. Within moderation, it would depend on the individual. If you feel the need to excessively use substances in your magickal work, or to use them every time, then you definitely have a problem that needs to be worked on. I feel I should also state that it is wise to remember legalities associated with drugs. Mind you, I'm not being judgemental, only stating what is due.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.
CrystalWitchy

Post by CrystalWitchy »

Some books I've read said that any drugs can hinder the spiritual flow of things. Even medication can be problem if not used wisely.
Shaktis_son

Post by Shaktis_son »

Well I can't speak for any of those hallucinogens, but I find marijuana actually increases my spiritual abilities. And it's not justme that's noticed it, others have noticed that too.
Aura_Guru

Post by Aura_Guru »

Not all drugs are the same mind you.Legality issues aside all natural products, I'd recommend, shamans used them extensively after all.Aside from that LSD maybe but no other synthetics.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”