Sleep Protection Ideas

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
autumnAria

Sleep Protection Ideas

Post by autumnAria »

For several years now I've had variations on the same recurring dream. The situation is always different but there's always a monstrous creature after me and I spend a good portion of the dream running through labyrinthian passages to escape it. I wouldn't necessarily link these dreams together except the force always feels like its the same being regardless of it looking different if it appears.

My fiance and I were just talking about this the other night. It's his theory that this force represents something that was chasing me in a past life (we've deduced that I was probably on the unseelie side of the fae court so it might not have been entirely unwarranted) and a few nights later I had one of those dreams again. Except this time the threat felt much more real. It forced me to watch as it slaughtered my friends and family and after I convinced myself it was just a dream and tried to wake up it said, "You're not getting out of this that easily." and I couldn't do anything to stop it. That was definitely the most terrifying of the dreams I've had and it really rattled me throughout the whole day after I woke up.

I've looked into some sleep protection charms and ideas. I plan on sleeping with an amethyst under my pillow tonight and because I'm big into origami my fiance suggested I put together a shikigami guardian. I was just wondering if you guys had any other ideas that could help me out. I don't think that this creature can do me physical harm but I do think it's trying to leech off my energy so maybe even wards against psychic vampires and the like would work. Thanks so much! Blessed be!
RoseRidingHood

Re: Sleep Protection Ideas

Post by RoseRidingHood »

LABYRINTH? Really? I had a good part of a year where I was always dreaming of labyrinths! Sometimes I was just wandering, sometimes I was really in danger from some monster or struggling and occasionally I was stuck where I was. I kept having the dreams until I figured out what they meant to me and once I got past that, I must have gotten out of my labyrinth.

I think you might be on the right track as what your labyrinth means. Your monster can't physically, directly harm you anymore but through your dreams, it's clearly disturbing you in your waking hours as well and that's just as bad.
Amethyst is good usually but I'm thinking something like agate might work better in your case. Protection is all good but I'm afraid this might be one of those things you have to face down before you can move on.
autumnAria

Post by autumnAria »

Hm... I honestly hadn't thought of facing it but maybe that's just because I've been running from it for so long. Do you have any suggestions?
RoseRidingHood

Post by RoseRidingHood »

Hmm...maybe try a deep mediation, really ask yourself what this problem is so you can go about solving it. I'm used hypnosis to solve dreams before too but I'd tread lightly around that option! Meditations usually will do the same thing anyways. Even try a guided mediation with your fiance or a friend, to find some clues.

It could be that once you come to the right conclusion like I did, they'll just stop. Or there will be an actual confrontation coming in your dreams, I do not know. I'm still in recommendation of having a good protection spell while you are still feeling vulnerable.

Hermes is your patron, right? Perhaps he should be someone you should ask for help! One of his names, after all is Oneiropompus, guider of dreams.
Ula

Post by Ula »

I will also suggest a horse shoe or other iron item near your bed, dream pillow or sachet with protection herbs would help too.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

This dream is coming to you in different scenes but the same "monster"...
Yes Amethyst under pillow, any clear crystals ?
If I may suggest ???
Try about 20-30mins before you go to bed sit on the edge of the bed
and picture "monster" in your mind and ask it what it is trying to tell
you...
Most re-occuring dream are messages we didn't understand so the dream
repeats itself until the message is recieved.
This may help you undestand better, I hope !
Let me know okay ?
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”