which craft to choose?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Luna Lisa

which craft to choose?

Post by Luna Lisa »

Does anyone know which craft that I should choose? I've been going to church pretty much all of my life. Do I belieive in God yes. But my churches beliefs are totally different than mine. People in my church believe that all you have is just one chance to egt saved and to get into heaven. Like you have to be saved and accecpt Jesus Christ before you die. I belive that once your dead you have another chance to choose between heaven and hell. I also beleive in reincarnation as well. I want to find the right craft. Anyone have any suggestions?
Ravencry

Re: which craft to choose?

Post by Ravencry »

Well, I don't know any form of Wicca or witchcraft that believes in hell. Maybe you should try Christian-Wiccan.
Luna Lisa

Post by Luna Lisa »

I could give it a try. Thanks again Ravencry.
Asch

Post by Asch »

There's quite a bit of debate about whether christian witchcraft can exist given christian doctrine regarding witches and such. But, if you think you can make it work and it will make you happy it's worth a shot. Good luck.
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
Luna Lisa

Post by Luna Lisa »

Thanks Asch. The reason that I was asking is because my beliefs and of what people in my church belive are different. Even though sometimes I don't like going to chuch all that much. I go out of respect of my family so that they'll stop nagging me about it. lol.
Asch

Post by Asch »

Hmm sounds like me when I was in HS and younger. :) Honestly it's taken me years to reconcile myself to the fact that I can't claim to be Christian and be honest w/myself and my beliefs. There's too much hypocrisy and falsehood involved, you can't force faith especially if you think the God you're meant to be worshipping and adulated has more in common with an abusive bf lol. Hope things work out for you :)
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
Luna Lisa

Post by Luna Lisa »

Thanks for the advice Asch. I'll keep that in mind. What you said actually makes since to me.
Luna Lisa

Post by Luna Lisa »

Thanks for the advice Asch. I'll keep that in mind. What you said actually makes since to me.
presentcharisma

Post by presentcharisma »

i know it has been a few days since you posted your question and maybe you found your answer. But I wanted to say that I find spirituality to be a personal thing. Go with what you believe is right, not what you were told/ guilted into thinking. I remember going through what you are doing right now. My parents are children's pastors at a christian church. I had the bible and fear engrained into me from a very young age. My parents identified themselves with being "teachers of children" and therefore there was NO WAY they wanted to see their daughter end up believing something else. I had to realize that they found their beliefs, just as I needed the chance to be an adult and find mine. I don't talk about religion or what i believe to them because its just goingto bring up negativity. But i did tell them that I belive differently from them and they need to leave me alone and stop trying to convert me.

I wish I could give you the answers but I just want you to know that I have been through it and still have to deal with their negative judgements and i am 31.
I AM
Luna Lisa

Post by Luna Lisa »

thanks presentcharisma. I was thinking about going with Wicca. I don't tell my parents anything. but when I do they can either do to things. 1 they can accept and me for who I am. or 2 they can't accepct and not me for who I am. I just don't beleive what my parents believe. But I do respect them.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

you may choose wicca however wicca mandates a belief in a god and a goddess. You cannot be both christian and wiccan. You can be a pagan who believes in the christian god however you would not be christian and according to Christianity you will go to hell.
spook

Post by spook »

what about the Egyptian practices?
they have your soul judged in the afterlife,that's kinda like he'll vs purgatory vs heaven yes?
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

If I were you then I would go eclectic - believe what you believe
the greek system also has a concept of heaven and hell though - you could look into that, maybe ?
xx
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Yes, perhaps Kemetic Witchcraft (Egyptian) or Hellenistic (Greek). Look into those like Kitty and Spook said.
Luna Lisa

Post by Luna Lisa »

shadowx your right according to the bible scriptures I would go to hell. And your right you can't be christian and wiccan at the same time. spook and Kitty I'll do so more checking around. Thanks guys.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”