Cursed rings ?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Slawicca

Cursed rings ?

Post by Slawicca »

Hello everybody,

I have a question about jewels. My mother bought two identical silver rings with a garnet. We can't say if they are ancient or brand-new, they look styled as ancient ones to me. Those are very beautiful jewels, but everytime she wears them, bad things start to happen : she can't find what she's looking for, starts having problems at work, meeting bad people, receiving bad news... You get what I mean.
Can we blame it on the rings (it happens way too often to call this a coincidence)? How can we stop that (purify the jewels, for instance)?
I add a couple of (tiny, sorry) pictures of the rings.

Thank you for your help!
Slawicca
Rein

Re: Cursed rings ?

Post by Rein »

Nobody on this board is going to be able to tell you for certain if they are "cursed" or otherwise unluckily charged. I can tell you they are quite beautiful, and that's about it. Out of curiosity, where did she buy them from? Obviously if the place was somehow occult-related there's a higher chance of them having picked up something unhealthy. Similarly, if she got them second-hand at a pawn shop or such, it's not impossible that they picked up some bad energy in transit. There's little to no chance that they're outright "cursed", however.

Still, if you feel there may be a problem with them, cleansing them definitely couldn't hurt. There are various ways to do that. If you need help, just ask.
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I can give you some insight my friend, Garnet has this: If someone steals the garnet from its owner then it brings bad luck to the thief, now I don't say your mother stole them, but whoever gave them to her, is definetely stoled them or someone who gave them to the person that gave them to you.

I trust Scott Cunningham, this tip is from one of his books....

***Before someone try to bash me, please remember that not all Witches/Wiccans believe in the same way you do. Thanks***
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

You *know* im going to bash you :D

Superstitions like that are b****cks.

If you truly think that they are cursed then cleanse them, but they almost certainly arent cursed and probably arent antique unless you paid a hefty price for them.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

I will agree with shadow on this one, i believe its more possible that the rings have picked up energy.
About the cleansing you can use sage incense, or dessert rose water, or salt, or the simplest way bury them (careful where).
Also i suppose you could do a tarot reading on the rings to figure out more about their history.
Slawicca

Post by Slawicca »

Hello everybody,

Thank you for your help and advice! Rein, my mother bought them in a little shop selling perfume and silver jewelry, in France. It wasn't an occult shop, but the village sure is witchy ;) One of France's most occult-oriented regions.
Greek_Male_Witch, if it really once was stolen, what can we do? Will cleansing help? What does mister Cunningham say? :)

Well, we don't believe that it really is "cursed", but I couldn't find another word to explain those strange events. Bad energy, most likely.
Thank you Witch13, I'll do a tarot reading to try to find out more. You said something about salt. What can I do with salt?
What if I put them in a little bag with a crystal quartz for a week or so?

See you,
Slawicca
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Shadowx I know your views on Witchcraft and they are very different than mine, I once had a bracelet (leather one) that whenever I was wearing all the bad events would happen to me, what I did? I just didn't wore it again.

Slawicca garnet has this power, you cannot do something further, just don't wear those rings, its the stone that cause this, not a curse. Hope I helped
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I disagree that anything magickal is happening at all. I think it is all in your mind!

It would take a fairly large amount of effort to do such a thing and there would be no reason to do so and it would wear off after time.

I also highly doubt they are old at all.

I also disagree with the idea that stones (even crystals) have any power of their own.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

personally i would burry them for about a day so the rings rest and all the negative energies sip in the earth, the salt is used the same way acually, you bury them in it!
let us know how things go!
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

But avoid burying the rings in the ground in salt... Salt on the ground is almost toxic, it will kill any plant life and any worms, insects etc... that happen to live in that area, so do one or the other, dont dig a hole fill it with salt and then dump the rings in :P

Not that i feel it is needed but there you go!
ikaba

Post by ikaba »

Sorry to butt in but I have somewhat of a similar story. Two rings, inherited from grandma'. And they've been through (caused?) three house fires already, and I'm talking about burning down to the ground kind of fires. I just can't think of anything that would be wrong with the rings. But I guess a cleansing wouldn't hurt.
branwenwillow

Post by branwenwillow »

This is totally off topic and i apologize for that, but i have to say, shadow, your pictures are breath taking! You are quite an artist!

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”