Undo a family curse?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
cellar door

Undo a family curse?

Post by cellar door »

Without getting into details, the family on my fathers side has done some terrible things. Horrible things. I feel like no matter what i do and no matter how righteous i live my life, i still have tainted blood running through my veins and feel as though i'm being punished for their actions. Life throws one curve ball after another and no matter how high up on the ladder i climb i always seem to end up in a bad place. I have a son now and feel it's my duty as a mother to repent for the evil my family has done so i don't pass this on to my son.

Which gets to my point....has anyone ever done a spell on lifting bad karma off a family or lifting a family curse?
Does anyone have any suggestions or spells/rituals that might help?

Thanks
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

I personally think if there's anything cursing you, it's yourself. I say this because of the way you say you feel about your family's history and that you feel you're being punished for their doings. This is cursing yourself.

The first thing you need to do is realize that while your family is your ancestors and they gave you this life, you are in no way them. You are your own person. Your life is shaped by your actions and your actions only. Stop dwelling on what they did and realize that you will never allow for those things to happen again. After you've got that going, stop thinking about being cursed. Start thinking about how you're blessed in your life and how you will have nothing but good things come to you.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
JuniperBerry
Banned Member

Post by JuniperBerry »

The Norse have concepts similar to fate called Orlog and Wyrd. Orlog translates to primal law, and it is the whole of the fate of everything, from past, present, and future. The very first atom of existence is connected to and affects the very last atom left in existence.

Within Orlog is wyrd, the individual thread of Orlog that you weave, which is also influenced by your family and their own wyrd.

So, one way to look at it is that there isn't a curse, you are just affected by Orlog. (What will be.) And those patterns of Wyrd woven by your family will always affect you. But with your wyrd, you can influence how you react to the patterns that Orlog brings to your life and change the affect of the patterns. (What is.) So that your children and their children and their children can change the outcome of the patterns into something positive. (What has become.)

The "curse" won't end, it can't be wiped away, the patterns of it have determined everything in the future. But you make your own choices by how you play with the hand your dealt.

So...that's just one way to look at it, and maybe you can work with it somehow to fit your own beliefs.
The Gods we worship write their names on our faces; be sure of that. A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As believers in the folk-religion we are studying, we seek after mysteries that expand the scope of our gods and our understanding of them, not reductionist theories that reduce them to manageable and socially productive "functions".

-Our Troth
cellar door

Thank you!

Post by cellar door »

Wow. I'm always telling people 'you are what you think' yet I haven't been able to realize that I've been cursing myself this whole time. I was seriously convinced that I am partially responsible in paying off their bad karma. Thanks guys, it honestly feels like a huge weight is lifted off me.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”