I want to be a good witch....read pls!

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Greek_Male_Witch

I want to be a good witch....read pls!

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Hi, I practice witchcraft for three-four years, I like it, I just realized I'm not so white witch, as I would like to be, I'm more gray, I answer to attacks with revenge, and this is something I want to change, do you think its easy? to go from gray to white? its not that I done death spells or killing spells or stuff, I just haven't act as a white witch lately and I hate being bad even a little bit, I think I see what Traumwadlerin was talking about! I let my emotions rule, when I should RULE my emotions! I must not be so "fire", thats what she told me and she was right, but how I do that?

any suggestions? any ritual to get rid all the negativity off of me?
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Well, the color witch you are, all depends on what you think of yourself, and what you think you should be. There is no guidelines to being a white witch, or a dark witch.
All that you really need to know about the subject, is that you can easily make yourself better.
For example, letting your emotions rule you [i.e. - revenge), isn't something you can change easily, but you can, over a period of time.
When you start getting into situations where your anger boils over, take deep calm breaths, step away from the situation, and go do something else.
Like, if you were fighting with...an animal abuser. You shouldn't take this into your own hands, meaning call the cops.
There is always an alternative when it comes to magick
As for being a bit less "fire", that's easy enough. Learn how to build your elemental bodies. I forgot the website, but it's on EUTM, and when i find it, i'll post it up.
That way, when you learn how to balance your fire body, with the other 5 elements [5th being spirit, i believe), you won't be acting so much on the 'fire' side of your personality.
There will be balance...eventually.
Just have to work towards it. OH! Another good bullet point: If you WANT to not be a dark witch, and be a white one, MAKE yourself WANT to. Meaning, force yourself to be nice to the people your hate, only do good spells [no Revenge spells)--for OTHER PEOPLE.
All this is, once again, is what you think of yourself. A witch witch can be a dark witch without even realizing it.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Greek_Male_Witch no one is either always good or always bad.

The thing you need to do is to put in place a system to help you decided when and how to retaliate when you think someone has wronged you. What this will do is cause you to not over react and maybe do something you would regret in the heat of the moment while still allowing you to take proper action when you’ve truly been wronged.

Check out this thread. Maybe it will help a little.

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... hp?t=17549

Now I’m not saying that just because I do it this way you have to do it the same way. I’m saying it is possible for you to find a system that will work for you and that it is OK to be mad at people when they deserve it and even to take appropriate retribution sometimes.

Good luck.
Greek_Male_Witch

Hi...

Serendipity and Ginger Faith thank both of you. Ginger Faith you said "You should make yourself want to be a white witch", well I want to be, I feel nice to know that a spell of mine can help someone, I don't care if that someone will "thank" me, in fact I don't care if that someones isn't aware I did that for him/her, I like being that way, I will be that way! being bad is easy, being good is the hard part! and I'm good, and I will be good!
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

:) Nice you understood it. Did you meet your guide yet? I guess he will have a lot to tell you and probably even teach you about this side of yours. Since he has a lot of fire, he will be able to teach you how to control and use this.
Greek_Male_Witch

Hi...

Traumwandlerin no I haven't tried to meet him yet, but I think somehow he manage to pass me his opinion for me! I can't wait to meet him though! :D
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

I may not be a witch but I will say I do have a suggestion on how to help you when you feel upset or want revenge. Something I do whenever I get upset is pray or try to tune in with whatever bits of nature is currently around. You don't have to pray for anything specific or try to have a goal to reach, just put energy in to it.

For me at least praying can help sooth the temper and bring back the senses. If that doesn't work then just call a friend or go online, go to a friends house- ether way find someone, talk to them and just let off some steam. Sometimes venting can help you avoid doing bad things, and we all need to vent sooner or later.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Random question, your still of school age (under 18?)? I have seen, and experienced, that the want to do magick for revenge comes when one is bullied and mistreated in school. Could this be the underlying factor?

As one ages, and then matures, we see the folly of casting spells for revenge and just brush past it. But when you are younger, it just seems to swell inside of yourself until you want to EXPLODE! And the best way, for school age witches, is to let it go through magick. And while yes, it does make you feel a whole lot better, think of all the negative things that happen after you do a revenge spell. Now, perhaps this isn't a problem with you, or perhaps your not even school age, but perhaps you are being disrespected and mistreated by the people around you.

My advice is be who you are, don't care what others say and think, and if your a 'grey' witch, then so be it! I'm still your friend no matter what.

As for ways to get all the negativity out, I personally like to take a handful of sand or dirt and fill it with all the negative energy inside of me. Then I throw it behind me and walk away as if nothing ever happened.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I have a question... Why do you want to be a white witch? Aside from the fact there is no such thing (not a single person can possibly ever live a guilt free life, even eating dairy products involves the murder of innocent baby cows) it sounds like you are trying to be something in the eyes of others. Like you need someone to go "oh, you are a white witch and a good person" for you to feel that way. This isnt a personal attack but you need to drop that idea otherwise you *will* be nothing. You need to break free of that idea, be who you are, not who you think others want you to be.

Im not a white witch, i dont really describe myself as a witch at all but i am certainly not white. Revenge has its place, however just make sure that it has a reason. Breaking the legs of a serial theif who robbed your house by using a sledgehammer... Revenge? Yes. But he will NEVER rob another house for as long as he lives. So pointless? Nope.

But of course masking yourself up then petrol bombing his house IS pointless. He wont know who or why, on the other hand strapping him down, explaining the reasons why and then breaking his legs.... That solves a problem. Of course this is all hypothetical but as a "white" person (and you all know i dont mean skin colour so dont even go there!) what can you do after being robbed? Nothing, nothing at all. you can sit back, forgive him and lock the windows. That solves nothing.

Of course, this is all hypothetical and intended to show one thing, that life isnt black and white, or even grey. Being good isnt based on your actions but rather the meaning behind them and the effect it has on those around you.

Fire is not bad, as you can tell i am a fiery person. Just the other day while out in my motorbike some old hag was right up my backside, after swearing and going dead slow she overtook me at a junction, putting everyone at risk so i chased the b!tch and damn straight she was scared ;) Revenge? Yup, she shouldnt get so close. Pointless? I dont think so... she was scared and im pretty sure she will think twice before driving like that again. So i may have saved a life, or i may have achieved nothing. That comes from fire. I dont feel bad or guilty, i wanted to scare her more, make her tremble. Partly because it would have made me laugh, and im not ashamed of that. I made a woman go through a red light the other day because she was looking at her phone not the road, i can assure you that she kept her eyes on the road at the next set of lights ;) and I got a laugh out of it.

the bottom line is this. Be who you are, dont be afraid to embrace more negative means sometimes. You cant eat without first destroying something. you cant protect yourself without first harming something. Live in balance and aim for a good outcome for you and your "group", your actions might include negative actions but if the outcome is "good" then you have done a good thing.
Taz

Post by Taz »

Google up Zen Meditation, you probably don't even need to start with buying books, there is so much on-line these days.

Begin to practice 10 minutes of Zen style meditation daily, all types of meditation are great, but Zen meditation will help you immensely with your concerns. Seriously, check it out dude.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Like shadowx I too believe there is sometimes justification for revenge. As I see it “revenge” is just another way of saying it is ok to make people pay up for the wrongs they do and sometimes that’s ok.

Where shadowx and I part ways, with all due respect shadowx, is his stand on how it was ok to indulge in what I can only call a bit of a temper tantrum (sorry shadowx but that’s how I see it) when the lady driver misbehaved while he was riding a bike in front of her. Road rage is no one’s right. Lots of people use the roads and none of us deserve to get caught up in the problems of two people who should both be acting more responsibly.

We need to think before we act or we can end up being worse than the person we want revenge against. And frankly, I need a darn good reason to bring a lot of negative energy into my magical life just for a moment’s satisfaction I might get from giving someone “pay back” for something that really isn’t that important in the big scheme of things.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

I'd focus on being a real witch more than a good or bad witch. Actually, the whole idea of good and bad is quite foreign to authentic witchcraft.

I think Serendipity is spot on when she says there is need to control the temper tantrums. I myself was victim of one the other day and caught myself chanting over some girl that had no idea she had just crossed a witch. My guides immediately warned me to show restraint and that the fight was in no way fair and that these abilities have a more interesting purpose for me.

When I think of a powerful witch, I always picture someone who is emotionally composed at all times. Also, if you want to cool down, go to the ocean and release the dragon. Dragons are fire entities as well as reptiles. Try dolphins or even an otter.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Earth Ritual wrote:I'd focus on being a real witch more than a good or bad witch. Actually, the whole idea of good and bad is quite foreign to authentic witchcraft.

I think Serendipity is spot on when she says there is need to control the temper tantrums. I myself was victim of one the other day and caught myself chanting over some girl that had no idea she had just crossed a witch. My guides immediately warned me to show restraint and that the fight was in no way fair and that these abilities have a more interesting purpose for me.

When I think of a powerful witch, I always picture someone who is emotionally composed at all times. Also, if you want to cool down, go to the ocean and release the dragon. Dragons are fire entities as well as reptiles. Try dolphins or even an otter.
I don’t know of anyone, even the most powerful of adepts, who can be totally composed all of the time. There are some things some times that are so horrendous that anyone would lose composure when faced with them.

That being said, I do like the way you look at the adept witch. The “yard stick” (if you will) that you use when assessing your opinion of that adept.

The people I know that I consider serious practitioners, those who I consider both powerful and adept, are people who have many qualities. They value knowledge, they do practice self control to a degree that the average person either won’t or can’t.

They are respectful people, respectful of both others and of themselves. I think that is overlooked a lot; the importance and value of respect for oneself.

They are also realistic people. Magic is a real and wonderful thing, but it isn’t a fix all for any and every situation and people need to realize, as does the true adept, that it has very real limits.

Nice post Earth Ritual.
Taz

Post by Taz »

Feeling the intensity of our emotions is human, discovering that it is up to us how we react to our emotions is wisdom, learning to do this is greatly aided by zen meditation.

It is one thing to say, I have to watch my temper, or I should think before I act or I wanna be a good little witch...but it is another thing to be able to catch yourself in the heat of emotions and become mindful of your process. How do you attain your goal, sure when life is calm it is easy, but when life gets hairy, and it will, how do you attain your goal?

Keeping in mind that your immediate perception of a situation is really just your limited perception, it is not the whole picture or whole story. Imagine if you will a beautiful tea cup sitting on a table in the centre of a room. Four chairs with four people sit around this table. The first person describes what she sees, a cup with a delicate cherry blossom painted on it, and a handle. The second person sees the cup, it is white, no handle. The third person sees the handle and plain white cup, the fourth person sees a oriental symbol and a handle.

So......who is correct, all of the people, none of the people? When we can begin to separate ourselves from our powerful egos, our limited perception of situations, especially those which involved intense emotion take on a more universal view. We can begin to watch our emotions and instead of being caught up in their roller coaster ride, we can choose how to react, in a mindful and less attached-to-our-emotions type of way.

You don't have to become a Buddhist to practice zen meditation, "zenning out" our over-reactive brains and egos can only aid in a path with heart.

Just me Taz, babbling my two cents worth at the end of my very long day! Peace!
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

While we need to control our emotions, they can also be a very powerful force to use in witchcraft, but it should be a raised emotion majority of the time. I say majority of the time because something like a healing chant or something with happy intent(truly wishing someone a good day) can be done on a whim of emotion with great results. However, things like love, lust, hatred, revenge, sadness, etc should all be controlled and until one has had the chance to analyze their feelings and the situation, no actions should be taken. And if you aren't sure of the top of your head that you're doing something good for the other person and not yourself, then you should also stop and wait until you have looked at what you're actions are and will be.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”