The color you wear affect who you are

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Wiccan Z

The color you wear affect who you are

Post by Wiccan Z »

Do you guys believe that the color a person wear directly affects that persons behavior?
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

I do not think it is a direct effect per se. I think it is more subconcious. All I know is I look damn good in black lol. In all seriousness, I think people are indirectly affected by the colors they wear.
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

I have a friend, she is Hindu but her mom is pagan and her father is Santerian, and when i told her i needed a black candle she flipped, why do people associate black with negative always?
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

It is a common misconception that black is bad. Sometimes it is used for banishing or binding so that may be why. Black is a combination of all basic colors but it is still dark and to many, dark equals bad. I do not mind black at all but in my experience black can be negetive (for instance a black aura can usually mean something not good)
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

reikihealer83 wrote:It is a common misconception that black is bad. Sometimes it is used for banishing or binding so that may be why. Black is a combination of all basic colors but it is still dark and to many, dark equals bad. I do not mind black at all but in my experience black can be negetive (for instance a black aura can usually mean something not good)
but of course, but black candles are not always bad, yet they are often terribly hard to find, even at local pagan shops because they believe is for satanists, which i don't understand their judgment because it falls under the category of pagan... but whatever. It's like i need a black candle for a spell so i can quit smoking, yet i can not seem to find a black candle... i had to go to party city in the Halloween party section to find a black candle for 3.49.

-.- some people and their judgment.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Wiccan Z wrote:
reikihealer83 wrote:It is a common misconception that black is bad. Sometimes it is used for banishing or binding so that may be why. Black is a combination of all basic colors but it is still dark and to many, dark equals bad. I do not mind black at all but in my experience black can be negetive (for instance a black aura can usually mean something not good)
but of course, but black candles are not always bad, yet they are often terribly hard to find, even at local pagan shops because they believe is for satanists, which i don't understand their judgment because it falls under the category of pagan... but whatever. It's like i need a black candle for a spell so i can quit smoking, yet i can not seem to find a black candle... i had to go to party city in the Halloween party section to find a black candle for 3.49.

-.- some people and their judgment.
I agree whole heartedly. I think judgements keep us from moving along our path in a whole and genuine way. I personally like black candles and stuff. Judgment is the biggest problem we all have no matter who we are. I work on that all the time but, I still judge.
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

i judge, but i do not let that bother how i see people, i may be like ok this person is a wanna be thug with his pants way to low to the ground, but ill talk to him as if he were any other person, sometimes i am completely wrong... goes back to the old saying "cant judge a book by its cover"... i should tell the local pagan shops "cant judge a candle by is color" :p
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

Well, in my opinion not necessarily if you just wear the color it will change your personality or effect you in anyway. I think if you bring a color in.. Definitely then. Like right now I'm bringing the color white into my life and the meaning of it. So, in that way... Yes it for sure effects you. (:
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Aw, too bad nobody gave a full description of what exactly all the colors are suppose to do...

I was going to decide on my clothing today based on this thread lol. ill look for a white shirt anyway
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

Y0m wrote:Aw, too bad nobody gave a full description of what exactly all the colors are suppose to do...

I was going to decide on my clothing today based on this thread lol. ill look for a white shirt anyway
lol i wore a black long sleeve blue jeans and black shoes :3
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

the colors i wear is purple and black, and my hair is pink and green nice combo don't you think? :3
The shinning light is the way to path of creation
bluemoon

Post by bluemoon »

depending on which book you read, which site you explore, you will find that each color has as many different meanings as there are colors

my question would be for the individual...what does the color mean to you?
what ssociations do YOU have with it?
does a certain color remind you of a favorite shirt you wore as a child?
does another color make you feel sad?
what is YOUR association with color

we are all individual people who have a common or uncommon connection, in that we search for and live a different way than mainstream Christians, we look for and find the magic that is in life

color surrounds us everyday, in our homes and in nature, what does it mean for you?

cobalt blue is my color, deep clear coblat blue speaks to my inner self, but saying that, in my home I have cranberry pink paint on 2 walls of my living room and green furniture...because to me, those 2 colors together are warm and inviting
someone else will read that and think it sounds like a horrible combination

what I am trying to get accross is this....make your own color chart if you want/need one
take a box of crayons and pull them out one at a time...what do you think of as you look at each color

when working magic what matters is YOU
discover what things mean for you and you will be in a better place to decide how to incoorporate them magically in your life
Seaspirit

Post by Seaspirit »

It does for me. I actually sew and make clothes...so I buy fabric to 'create a mood'.... so for me...it definitely does.
In Light is birthed discovery.....in discovery is birthed the journey of power.
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

bluemoon wrote:depending on which book you read, which site you explore, you will find that each color has as many different meanings as there are colors

my question would be for the individual...what does the color mean to you?
what ssociations do YOU have with it?
does a certain color remind you of a favorite shirt you wore as a child?
does another color make you feel sad?
what is YOUR association with color

we are all individual people who have a common or uncommon connection, in that we search for and live a different way than mainstream Christians, we look for and find the magic that is in life

color surrounds us everyday, in our homes and in nature, what does it mean for you?

cobalt blue is my color, deep clear coblat blue speaks to my inner self, but saying that, in my home I have cranberry pink paint on 2 walls of my living room and green furniture...because to me, those 2 colors together are warm and inviting
someone else will read that and think it sounds like a horrible combination

what I am trying to get accross is this....make your own color chart if you want/need one
take a box of crayons and pull them out one at a time...what do you think of as you look at each color

when working magic what matters is YOU
discover what things mean for you and you will be in a better place to decide how to incoorporate them magically in your life
completely agree.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”