New &seeking someone to teach me

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Black_Cat

New &seeking someone to teach me

Post by Black_Cat »

hi everyone, i need help with witchcraft its getting more confusing the more i study it, if anyone is willing to help me and teach me things you can PM me or email me, thankyou

~blessed be~
When the shadows come...
when the moon is full....
the black cat is here....
SerephinaRose

Post by SerephinaRose »

Hi blackcat,
Im not going to lie, you have a lot to learn! The very first thing you should do is decide what type of path you will follow for instance, do you wish to be a wiccan,pagan,neopagan,druid etc. There are lots to choose from, so take your time. Im simply a witch, I march to the beat of my own drum and I believe that every woman holds a tremendous source of power, I know it sounds corny but research proves it. Its sad that only 20-25% of women know this; but thats for another discussion; moving along...

Take it slow and learn little by little. This week try learning about the 4 elements, meditation and grounding. No matter what path you choose every magical practitioner needs to learn meditation, grounding, centering and 4 elements as this will come into play when you start doing spells.

week 2 learn your magical days, their uses, moon phases, planetary hours and the importance of candle colors. For instance: if you wanted to do a money spell, the average witch would know to use a green or golden candle and perform the spell on a thursday on the hour of jupiter preferably under a waxing or full moon. Or for instance if a spell book tells you to perform your spell on the day of mercury and end it on venus you would know that theyre saying wednesday-friday. Buy a notebook to write down all your information.

week 3 u should learn about the magical use of herbs. There are thousands of herbs, heck I dont even know them all! And I dont know anybody that knows them all, So just start with your basic kitchen herbs: Basil, thyme, cloves, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, etc.

On week 4 you can practice some fun stuff like astral projection, lucid dreaming, and dream recall. A lot of witches get into self-taught talents like numerology, palmistry, tarot readings, natural healing thru herbs, or dream interpretation and become pros at it; as for me im into numerology

I swear its not so hard, you will get all this in probably 2 weeks tops, Im just giving you 4 weeks in case you have a job, kids, school, etc and cant devote most of your time to study. Check out witchcraft books at the library, I know it can be embarassing at first but unless you wanna pay for these books; getting them at the library is the best suggestion.

Go to the witchcraft school forum, that place is really helpful

Oh, and the dollar tree, and 99cent only stores are the best places for candles, incense and notebooks.

Use your nightstand or dining room table as an altar until you have the funds to make one. Trust me, fancy altars are for aesthetic purposes. You can even use a cardboard box if you're real cheap!

I am a very humble witch and dont believe I could take on a learner, as i continue to learn new things constantly. PM if you insist (lol)

Best of luck on your journey sis.
SerephinaRose

Post by SerephinaRose »

oh, wait. Im looking at your post count and the day and month you registered. Forgive me, you probably already know everything I just mentioned. What is it that you need help with?
Seaspirit

Post by Seaspirit »

Black_Cat

As I recall, you posted a wonderful meditation post which really helped me a lot. Maybe you are just a little overwhelmed !!?

It's okay to take a break and take it real slow. One thing at a time. It's okay not to have all the answers tomorrow...

If there is something you wish to know about elements (and evoking them), divination, premonitions, and glamour (persuasive powers)...pm me, and I can share what I know with you, and any insight.

If not, take a break, go for a bike ride, a party night with friends, a nice dinner...whatever...balance is a good thing!!
In Light is birthed discovery.....in discovery is birthed the journey of power.
WitchyLady506

Re: can someone please help me??

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Black_Cat wrote:hi everyone, i need help with witchcraft its getting more confusing the more i study it, if anyone is willing to help me and teach me things you can PM me or email me, thankyou

~blessed be~
PM with what's causing you your headache and I'll do my best to help you sort it out.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

SerephinaRose, just keep in mind that all the stuff you posted must not be important to any witch and I really think it's unneccessary to chose your path at the beginning. Normally just look up what resonates with you. I'm not a follower of any of the known set of symbols like days, hours, colors, canldes, herbs, etc, I never chose being Druid, Wicca, Shaman, etc. I just follow what feels right at this moment and on my way I think maybe it resembles some other path, but it's not a perfect fit. Of course, that's just mine other would like to chose a path first and then travel it along.

Also one week for herbs? Journeying in week four? *shakes head* A total newcomer would be totally overwhelmed. Good luck we have a more experienced one here :)

Black_Cat: What is confusing you? I think it's quite normal to be confused on your path. You could also send me a PM to tell me more about this, maybe I can help you with enlighten your chaos (no spells though, just talking ^^).
Black_Cat

Post by Black_Cat »

i dont know what kind of witch i am, im not sure what kind to be. all the books i read about witchcraft are really confusing!! :? yeah i jus i should take it real slow, and im not sure about anything. :(
When the shadows come...
SerephinaRose

Post by SerephinaRose »

You have a point there Traumwandlerin, but in my opinion choosing a path seems to be more clear cut, atleast black cat can choose a path first that way she's not bombarded and overwhelmed with information from all other paths. Im not sure but there has to be atleast 50 different paths from christian wicca to sorcery. It allows the beginner to "zero in" so to speak. I knew I had to choose a path first in case I performed certain spells or rituals that could otherwise be banned or forbidden in another path, a lot of the spells I do a wiccan would never perform if her teeth were ripped out. I use to call myself wiccan a while back when actually I was nothing of the sort. All I did was disrespect the religion. In some paths "dabbling" will get you into serious trouble. Ignorance will also get you in trouble, magical energies can get mixed and things can get messy. Some paths conflict with one another and this can lead to major negative effects. Its almost like college; its best to choose your major before you attend so you dont end up making it harder for yourself and taking more classes than you need.

You're right, blackcat should spend some time meditating about it and choosing what she feels the best for her. However, something tells me she can hold her own. I have to disagree with you on the days, colors, candles, and herbs subject. You're not a follower of it and I respect that but you cant assume she isn't as well.

I do agree about week 4 journeying. I thought it would be a fun relief from all her hard work. Im a solitary witch so I've never been exposed to the proper style of learning magic. I learned witchcraft just like in my previous postings. There I go, assuming everyone must learn like I learned.

Off topic: My aunts are from Germany too they speak 9 languages due to all the European diversity, its such a wonderful place, seems as though everyone gets along.

Blessings be to you sis
Seaspirit

Post by Seaspirit »

Black_Cat

It's ok .... it will come to you. Let it come to you when it is ready sm177

I feel comfortable with eclectic witch, because I truly do pull from all directions.
In Light is birthed discovery.....in discovery is birthed the journey of power.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

It's ok to not know what kind of which you are, maybe you are no kind of a witch but make a whole new path on your own. There's no need to fit in anywhere.

Do you have a problem with belief systems that tell you totally different things? Just take the one you like. There is also the chaos witch approach, change belief system whenever you like, cause everyone is just a symbol for the real thing.
Black_Cat

Post by Black_Cat »

I really can make my own path!!!!!!!! i think ill try thaat
When the shadows come...
carraigin*nairn

Post by carraigin*nairn »

I was glad to find this post. I have been reading and reading and reading. Things do tend to get confusing when pagan, wiccan and druid can be referred to as one thing or many things in books and online. I was beginning to feel panicky wanting to be able to label myself as something; to define what I believe.

All I know is we are all comprised of energy, it is electrical impulses that regulate our very hearts. Energy is neither created or destroyed. I teach people how to control their heart rate, their electrical impulses that pump vital blood through their bodies. And naturally if we can control this, we must have control over other energy.

I wish you many blessing Black Cat on your journey. I don't know about you, but I have scoured this forum and feel blessed to have others more knowledgeable out there like SerephinaRose and Traumwandlerin.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”