Weird dreams. Need help.

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Beothany

Weird dreams. Need help.

Post by Beothany »

I can't remember what they are about. I wake up and they're gone. I only remember tears and sweat. It scares me. I didn't sleep last night. What do I do?
~And So Maeve Sings~

-Beothany
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

A Spell to Stop Nightmares
This is a very simple ritual, easy for everyone to perform. It should work for people who have repeating nightmares.

You need:

one white candle (not big)
one white or silver ribbon (it should be long enough to fit your wrist)
any piece of silver/ an object made of silver that you don't constantly wear on yourself and sleep with it (it can be a ring you don't wear, or a silver cup, even a silver spoon)

Sit in the dark in your bedroom, put the ribbon around the candle, light the candle and put it some place opposite to your face. Watch the flame burning for couple of minutes and relax... then close your eyes and imagine beautiful scenes... which are, in your mind, related to emotions of happiness and peace. It could be anything, it's quite an individual thing. Meditate for as long as you wish... When you feel relaxed and able to focus on one single thing, approach the window, holding the burning candle in your hands, and look at the Moon. If you can't see it from your window, or any other window at your place, or from the yard, just keep on standing there and then just look at the Sky. Say these words:

The Moon is my friend
who's listening to me
bringing the beauty
into my dreams.
The stars are here
forever to shine,
bringing serenity
and peace of mind.
When I close my eyes
they won't be gone,
keeping me safe
till the dawn.

You can repeat these words for as many times you want, if you feel you need to.

After this, extinguish the flame, in case the candle haven't burned down, take off the ribbon and put it around your wrist before going to bed. Leave the candle and a piece of silver on your window till the next morning. Then remove both of them, and the silver ribbon from your wrist. You can repeat this ritual 1-3 times a week, always using a new candle and a new ribbon. However, collect the ribbons. When you feel your nightmares are gone and you got rid of them, you can still go doing this little ritual once a week. It can be done on any night of the week.

An alternate chant that you can use is this:

"Go away, evil dreams,
All is not as it seems
Go far away, leave my sight,
Let me have but one good night."

Repeat 3 times over a light blue candle
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

Try putting Jade, Amethyst, and moonstone under your pillow, before you go to bed or anytime! Give them the intention of Wonderful dreams. Also, This does work!! Meditate before you go to bed and focus on yourself and tell yourself not to have nightmares and think happy thoughts. The meditating may take a while to actually work on your dreams. For me it did anyway. Hope that helps. I like what everyone else is saying as well (:
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
Peregrine

Re: Weird dreams. Need help.

Post by Peregrine »

Beothany wrote:I can't remember what they are about. I wake up and they're gone. I only remember tears and sweat. It scares me. I didn't sleep last night. What do I do?
They could be "night terrors." Here's two online articles about them, one at Health Central and one on Wikipedia:

http://www.healthcentral.com/encyclopedia/408/341.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_terror

The articles too eagerly recommend drugs, which is not my first choice. In addition to the other recommendations here already posted, especially meditation, I'd try a better balanced diet and a few aerobic and/or relaxation exercises before bed.

Also think about how your physical health is. Usually night terrors affect children but they can (and do) happen to older people as well. I had relatives in their adulthood experience night terrors during a time when they were having health problems.

It could also be a reaction to high stress levels in your waking life. You say you did not sleep at all last night. Are you getting enough sleep in the first place on any other normal night? Sleep depravity has been known to trigger night terrors in people as well if and when they finally do go to sleep.
Beothany

Post by Beothany »

thanks everyone. I got them to stop. I know what they were telling me. The dreams were about war. Everyone was dying. People were standing in a row getting shot. It stopped with only two left. My grand mother is a sister to 5 other girls. There are only two left. My grand mother is no longer living. I was with her today when she passed.
~And So Maeve Sings~

-Beothany
Sapphire

Post by Sapphire »

if you have anymore questions about what your dreams mean of anything like that. just ask me. im almost an axpert at dream interpertation :)
Sonni-Na

Post by Sonni-Na »

Sapphire wrote:if you have anymore questions about what your dreams mean of anything like that. just ask me. im almost an axpert at dream interpertation :)
Do u know of a spell to help recall dreams. I know I have them, but they are gone so quick after I wake up that I don't even have time to write them down

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”