Which position Wicca/Witchcraft holds?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Greek_Male_Witch

Which position Wicca/Witchcraft holds?

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Hi, I just want to ask you guys, that you are from U.S. or other countries, what the world over there thinks for witchcraft? in Greece? hmm difficult country, the only person I know that is a witch, is me, Buttercup and an old witch Katina (Witches of Smyrne), its a story for a Greek witch, that was master at love spells and stuff, but they say its true, and that she was a real witch, and not just a story, for now, Greece won't accept witchcraft, I mean they might accept it on the papers, but people here aren't openminded, you say you are a witch and they are asking you if you talk with the devil, so in the U.S., England and other countries, what they say about it?

Its kinda sad for Greece, to be like this, I mean we where the country that borned Democracy, Democracy means free beliefs, argg I never get it anyway...
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

I know that in the United States, where I am from it is accepted in some places and not in others. People in the middle of the country (what is refered to as the bible belt) have some issues with it to say the least but there are many more open minded people here in the United States as far as I can tell. I think each place does have the people who are open minded but there is always, no matter where you are from going to be people who are not so open minded. The trick is to remember and be confident in who you are. It is not easy but will help keep you happy.

Blessings to you! :)
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

I'm from the US, and in general, it depends on the region you're from. I'm from the southeast, which is known for being (generally) very conservative and intolerant towards others for various reasons, whether it be race (yes, racism is still going on), sexual orientation, or even different religions from Christianity. Although with each generation it's getting better (the majority of people in my generation are very accepting towards others), there's always going to be the bigots.
Zili

Post by Zili »

I live in south east Texas as well, but my town is the center of the baptist bible belt! and those are some heavy bible thumpers there. There is a band of us in town and on the outskirts and smaller neighboring towns that get together for a social circle on the first Thursday of every month at the local bookstore/coffee shop. I just found out there are technically about 40 of us in total as we are all being invited out for a Beltane ritual combined with mine and a friend's birthday party.

Although thats a good size group so few of us meet together. I can't even return to my old venturing crew (scouts) because our advisor is a baptist minister who believes I'm worshiping the devil. I had to leave my non denom church, the only church who accepted the fact that I have visions, because they believe that being christian is the only way to live. So we still have our issues with other groups.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Im in the UK just outside London and for the most part it is simply ignored, either people dont know it exists, or people dont care. Which is good!

I live near a market town and there is a new crystal stall there as well as a witchy shop inside the shopping hall. There also used to be another witchy shop about 10 mins away but it closed :( There also used to be one in the Lakeside Shopping center which is only 30 mins or so away and there used to be, and may still be, one in another shopping center just over an hour away, and yet another about an hour away in a different direction.

It's seen as a curiosity rather than a way of life, but of course there are the foolish christians and even muslims who no doubt would take no second thought of jumping on the bandwagon. Bastards.

But apart from that it's not too bad!
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

In Australia its pretty popular, but just like everywhere... in some places it is frowned upon still.. people are just ignorant.

In fact, one of our states only JUST got rid of an anti witchcraft law a few years ago.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

I live right in the middle of the US. In St. Louis, it doesn't seem to be too bad, as it's a bigger city and people are more open minded, but where I grew up, even mentioning that you might have such an interest would get you told about how you're going to hell and have people witnessing to you and trying to kidnap you off to church. Being Catholic would get you about the same.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

In Russia religion is mostly not talked about but most of the older generation believe witchcraft is a mixed between an old woman who lives in the woods to steal children and a shaman not to be messed with. Some of the neo nazi movement in Russia gets violent towards anyone not like them race creed or religion wise,but they tend to be more into taking visas and destroying them than burning witches.
icebunny

Post by icebunny »

I live in Southern California and the majority of people don't care what you're religion you are, and a few want to burn you at the stake. Personally, I don't really advertise my religion but I haven't had much trouble integrating with everyone else because of it. It's considered 'cool' among the kids these days, which is disappointing because it's not taken seriously.
Xal

Post by Xal »

America right now seems to be very polarized between liberal and conservative specs.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”