Why A Spell Backfires When...

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Greek_Male_Witch

Why A Spell Backfires When...

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Hi, why a spell backfires when it obivously doesn't harm anyone? I know it doesn't but still it came back to me...to be more precise, from what I asked the exact opposite happened!
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Airlight
Banned Member

Post by Airlight »

You could of done something wrong or the Goddess didn't wish for your spell to work...
Greek_Male_Witch

hi

No seriously, its not that it didn't worked, it worked backwards, like if I was asking for a clean shirt my spell would have bring me a dirty one (of course this is an example, I didn't done a spell for a shirt lol) but my spell, was really not harmful for no one, I didn't asked money or anything, I just asked about something that concerns me and only me!
Greek_Male_Witch

wait!

Sorry doublepost but can this be, because I done two different spells for ONE specific purpose at the same time?
Airlight
Banned Member

Post by Airlight »

That could be it...they could of just canceled out each other and just did the opposite.
Greek_Male_Witch

:x when I will get to learn to do it right! I knew I done something wrong! I won't try casting anything on the specific matter now, because I don't want to have another explosion to my face! :? I have to read my books more thoroughly
Airlight
Banned Member

Post by Airlight »

Yeah...usually you do not do two spells for the same thing, they usually backfire.
Xal

Post by Xal »

What was the spell for if you don't mind me asking.
What was the actually spell?
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
Greek_Male_Witch

it was...

it was a spell for the secret I told you, before I got the "fever" to cover it, someone found out after I done two spells to COVER my secret!
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

I don't know what happened,but are you sure your spell backfired? I am asking this because I have tried to cast two spells in one and it worked pretty well for me. Is there a chance that this person who found out about your secret did so before you cast your spell and not after? Or maybe there's a reason that this secret had to be found out by that person,maybe your spell didn't backfire,it just didn't work because the Goddess knows that, for some reason you don't see yet, this was the best thing for you. Maybe it teaches you something or helps you in a way you can't yet see. We're only human after all, we can't see the big picture in all situations,otherwise we wouldn't have a add something like "if it is for the better good" in our spells that we cast with good intentions,we would know that they're absolutely the best thing we're trying to manifest. I'm not saying that this is necessarily the case,but give it a chance. Let some time pass before you decide that your spell backfired.
Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Honestly, it might be a confidence issue. For spells to work, you have to believe in them, and not just expect them to fail. Since you've been having problems with spells lately, perhaps you didn't put your full faith into this spell, and that is why it failed.

On another note, it could be just as Buttercup said. Maybe your secret got out for a reason. Perhaps it is to teach you a life lesson. Maybe you will make a close friend who has a similar secret. Maybe you're just learning the lesson that magic doesn't always work. Who knows? It's hard to tell you since we have no idea what your secret it. But can you think of any reasons why it getting out could benefit either you or someone else? (In a positive way, not just "oh, it benefits this bully")
Xal

Post by Xal »

I don't understand what secret you are referring to, but maybe that is the point.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”