feeling connected to my cat after spellwork

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Hiddencast

feeling connected to my cat after spellwork

Post by Hiddencast »

is it normal to feel as though you have a stronger cenection beetween your cats and you? once i started useing spells and stuff, it was as if i can cenect more with my cats. or is that just in my head? because now, when i wake up and go to the bathroom, when i get out 1 of my cats is waiting right there for me. then he meows. and normaly, i have to pick him up to bring him inside, but now i just say 'babyboy, come on kitty' ans he meows and gets up to go inside......
[color=#004000]~Krissie[/color]
jaelle

Post by jaelle »

Is it normal? Hope so, since not only does my cat follow me everywhere but we fight to share space! As I am typing this, Karma is sitting on top of the printer and refuses to move.

I believe cats and dogs - all animals, really - are more in tune with the thrumming vibe of magic/energy than we are. So if you are working the energy, it makes sense to me that kitty has picked up on it and seems to be more connected to you. I don't think it's so much that as now maybe we appear more "cat-like" to him, perhaps?

And everybody knows cats and magic go together likethis. :goblin:

The Degus, on the other hand, could care less. One day I will wake up dead and they'll be eating me, I swear.
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

i think it's normal,

my cat follows me all over the place and wants my attention she's so cute her name is shadow, she's a cute black cat. she cries when i leave home but i always bring her goodies back. lol :lol: think of the cat as a protection tool and a friend tool too. :D
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

I thinks it's normal. Most animals pick up on emotions easily and have a simple way of understanding them. Since practicing, you might feel more empowered as if you have found your element, your cat probably feels that and wants to bask in the emotion.
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

i agree with u there mae. :D
jaelle

Post by jaelle »

think of the cat as a protection tool and a friend tool
I'm not really comfortable with thinking of the cat as a tool. The cat belongs to himself, and I am responsible for providing food, water, shelter, basic needs stuff. Saying a live animal is a tool is giving implicit permission for you to degrade it, debase it, and use it for your own gains. When something is a tool, the only value that is has is for what it can do for you. It has no intrinsic value in just being a cat. Just being beautiful. Just being alive.

It is my belief (and I know I'm soapboxing here) that the animals-as-tools idea is responsible for animal testing, animal abuse, and environmental destruction.

Replace the word "cat" with "woman" and your statement becomes an open invitation for oppression.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: feeling connected to my cat after spellwork

Post by SpiritTalker »

Replying to an old post -

Neither of my cats is interested in spell casting but the male tabby attends all meditations since I’m seated & he’s hermetically sealed to the lap. He pretends to be asleep when I want get up & makes himself heavier when I try to stand. Really. I can feel my female calico’s silent, unwavering stare from 3 feet distance when she wants a) a sip of ultra fresh tap water from the nozzle & never mind the full water bowl, b) wants a game of Red Dot, c) wants food, water & to be let outside in that order. Do not sit down until the sequence is complete. It’s taken a while to complete my training.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”