I'm a Libra. I'm in love with a Leo.

General questions and conversations about astrology.
Opal

I'm a Libra. I'm in love with a Leo.

Post by Opal »

Am I taking a gamble? Haha. We're both girls, and I feel truly connected and compatible, but there seems to be a few areas were she really reeeally rubs me the wrong way and I just can't put my finger on it. Just wondering if it could be a sign thing.

Edit: I've also noticed that a lot of resources only determine compatibility between straight couples, which is frustrating to say in the least.
Vesca

Re: I'm a Libra. I'm in love with a Leo.

Post by Vesca »

Astrology really isn't my "thing" but it's not simply which sign you are. Other factors include where the other signs are in association, any other astral activities that are going on, etc...

It could simply be a personality thing. :)
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

There's a lot more to it than just your star sign (which is the main astrology sign that most are familiar with). Sun signs, moon signs, rising signs, etc.... It might be a sign thing (I can't remember compatibility matches right off the bat, but...) however my main point is, personalities are really complex. If you feel like she's good for you (and vice versa) then go for it, even if that means having to work through the rough patches. Try to pinpoint the issues that you're having, and talk them over.

I, personally, know how it is. Worrying about sign compatibility and all that. I'm a Sagittarius in love with a Capricorn. To anyone familiar with astrology, that probably sounds cringe-worthy. However, I am forever the optimist. Good luck. ;)
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

Unless you do a full birth chart for both of you, you won't really know. You need WAY more details. Also, your core personalties may not mesh. Don't forget that you will never get along PERFECTLY with everyone btw; small irritations are normal in an relaitonship, romantic or platonic. finally, the discriptions for star signs are generally gender-neutral. So it's not aimed at hetero couples only. :/
spikeychick

Post by spikeychick »

I view astrology as the wikipedia of people's personality types. While there can be various edits here and there it helps to get the gist of a subject. If something is rubbing you WAY wrong, you may want to look at the areas you mentioned with a very objective mindset compared to you in those areas. How will they mesh? will that change in times of conflict? how do you both work together when these areas emerge? how do you feel regardless of what you know? These questions may help determine the root of yer wonky feelings abd how you both can work with it. (The only straight couples thing is rather irksome, lol I noticed that too.)
Eliphas Blackthorn

Post by Eliphas Blackthorn »

I am also a Libra and married to a Leo for 15 years. What I have learned in that time is not to be too willing to compromise as we often do trying to keep peace and find balance. A Leo can exploit our democratic personalities and before we know it we are constantly compromising and giving whilst they are taking and pushing us to give in more. If you can get a handle on that and pick your battles and know when to stand your ground, it will frustrate the heck out of a Leo but if there is any real substance to your relationship then they will respect you and the relationship can be very fulfilling and rewarding.
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

Yep yep.. I'm a Cancer, a water sign, my handfasted partner (male) is a Taurus, Earth sign.
I'm also bisexual, and past partners, I can't get along with another water sign well. (my daughter was born on the cusp, a day after Litha, so she's air/water mix) and we are so much alike, I seem, at times to rub her the wrong way.
I know it's different..because parent child relationship.
I dated another cancer, and it was constant bickering...
I have choosen not to ask signs until I feel the relationship is headed in a good path. I have 3 "musts" before I commit.

(many things fall under these catagories)
Trust.
Respect.
Love
So..

She trusts you.. When you go out, with colleagues, friends, ect,
She doesn't pepper you with questions that make you feel like she doesn't trust you.

Respect, she respects your privacy, with your phone, computer, diary, conversations with others.she never disrespects you. Especially in front of others..

Love.. Unconditional love... How many times you goof up.. (this does not include cases of violence, abuse of any kind) but a white lie here or there, or being sick, and having your companion do everything they know to do, to get you healthy again.

From the time of your commitment til...(the time you pass), or feel the situation has taken course and both or one of you feels like the two of you are just too different and through the relationship realized that it won't last.

Sometimes it has to do with signs... I usually can't get along with Scorpios. (my ex, and one mutual friend)
However, we all can play nice until there comes a point where we can't.
At that point, try your best to part ways amicably.
Remember, after the split, your ex will probably be talking to others about you two.

If she lies, nothing you can do but set the story straight, if not, and/or she airs dirty laundry, don't sink to her level. Most people see that as petty, childish, and won't stick with her as a friend, unless they are the same way.

Obviously you guys are bickering, and we, as a society , haven't advanced yet for almost every astrology sign to compare same sex partners. However, keep looking. I've seen a few.

Hope things end up for the good of both of you.

Take care of yourself!

MoD
Siona

Post by Siona »

So as others have mentioned, there's more to a complete chart than just your sun sign, so that's something to consider. Something else to consider is that western astrology is not the only system out there, there are other astrological systems and they aren't always in agreement... When I do a full chart work up my SO and I aren't supposed to be compatible, but we have an awesome relationship and have been together for almost 13 years... then again in a form of eastern astrology, it's the opposite of what our western charts say, according to that system we are compatible. Who knows what another system would have to say about us?

Astrology can be interesting, and have some ritual uses, but I don't think you should always make such life decisions because astrology says do this or that. The astrology many are familiar with here is just one of many systems out there, so I think you really need to take it all with a grain of salt...

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”