Dianic wicca

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Middleagedseeker

Dianic wicca

Post by Middleagedseeker »

smiley_dance Greetings all! Can anyone recommend any good, active Dianic websites? I'm still a newbie, been doing lots of reading and searching, and finding the Goddess in my own time. All the dianic websites I've found so far are pretty quiet. Any help will be appreciated! Bright Blessings! smiley_dance
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dianic wicca

Post by Firebird »

Hi there middleage, I personally do not know of a Dianic message board, but here is a link to The Circle of Aradia, which has links within it to ...Z. Budapest and her page, and a link to Ruth's other group The Temple of Diana. Those are some of the best known Dianic groups...as far as I know. More may have sprung up that I am not aware of.
Good luck in your quest! Firebird

http://www.circleofaradia.org/
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
North Star

Post by North Star »

Z. Budapest. I think there is a link on her page to a womens spirituality forum, but haven't checked it out myself.

Her books are wonderful, also. ;)
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

I know of one.. However, the group has Hecate as their Main (and only ?) Goddess, so it may not be the best for you if you aren't devoted to that particular Goddess.
I tried it.. Their are wonderful ladies in there, but I just don't have the necessary time to devote there. (I'm a solitary, and spend more time commuting outside with my Goddess, than talking to people, online) that, and I swayed away from Wicca entirely, and am a Polytheist who is not afraid to zap a threat to me or my family, lol.. Let me know, and I will pm you. I would rather not advertise another site in this one. With respect to our wonderful site.

Blessings
)0(
MOTHERofDRAGONS
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Are you looking specifically for Dianic Wicca, or Goddess spirituality in general? I know very little about the former, but I am much more familiar with the latter.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Middleagedseeker

Post by Middleagedseeker »

Thank you for the help. I went to Z Budapest site and tried to get some info about her online Goddess college but haven't had much luck. I'm a newbie here, just finding the Goddess now in my mid life and trying to read and research as much about her as I can. As I said when I first joined this group, I dabbled a bit in my younger days but it's only now that I'm seriously having a call from her. Dianic wicca caught my interest at first, Xiao Rong, but Goddess spirituality is something I want to learn more about as well. If you could recommend some books I would greatly appreciate it.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I would recommend Rebirth of the Goddess by Carol Christ for starters; she's a wonderful writer and has a very holistic vision for Goddess spirituality (although she does not identify as Wiccan). The Spiral Dance by Starhawk is also very good (although I am actually more fond of her other works than this book, but this one makes its way onto many "Paganism 101" reading lists). Hope this helps!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”