Watch out, UK! Exorcists hating on Harry Potter & Pagans

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Watch out, UK! Exorcists hating on Harry Potter & Pagans

Post by Xiao Rong »

Check out this article on some teen girls who are hell bent on cleansing the UK of occultism and magic, which consists of Harry Potter spells, evidently ... ?

While I don't really like discrimination against paganism, this is just hilarious.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Pinkpower_80

Re: Watch out, UK! Exorcists hating on Harry Potter & Pagans

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I watched a segment on tv a while back about them & it was very hard for me to take them seriously.
I guess the Harry Potter series of books is a grimoire instead of a fantasy fiction novel lol. Who knew??
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Seriously ....Get a real job girls :twisted:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

firebirdflys wrote:Seriously ....Get a real job girls :twisted:
The dad of one of the girls (the minister dude) acts like all he's concerned with is money anyway. No doubt he's encouraged their shenanigans to make him a buck.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Pinkpower_80 wrote: The dad of one of the girls (the minister dude) acts like all he's concerned with is money anyway. No doubt he's encouraged their shenanigans to make him a buck.
Oh yeah - I see what you mean. I just watched the documentary (think it's the same one you mentioned?), which you can find here.

Clearly the girls have a pretty small role to play in this whole thing, compared to the minister guy ... And while I'm a huge sucker for paranormal fantasy, Buffy-type action heroines, after watching the documentary I am less amused and more freaked out by the whole thing.

Any thoughts on exorcism here? I must say I'm totally down with the narrator's conclusions about how these exorcisms provide cathartic experiences and that's a good thing (although I think Christian doctrines of sin and Satan are not), but geez, there's gotta be a better way of providing said catharsis ....
Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

Seems like the girls are puppets to me. Personally, this makes me sad watching this.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Alura wrote:Seems like the girls are puppets to me. Personally, this makes me sad watching this.
Yeah, really ... the way the dad controls them but uses them as poster children for the whole operation ....
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

So all that Harry Potter stuff is real huh? I need to get my hands on Dumbledore's BoS! Could also use an invisibility cloak, balisk tooth... I think I want a pet Phoenix for Christmas! :)

Seriously though... the scary part is there are thousands of Christians out there with the same zealous, misguided prejudice out there (and that's just in the Baptist circles I used to be in). I'd like to think we've progressed enough as a worldly civilization that we won't regress backward to the persecution of witchcraft.

As far as it being common for Pastors in America to make millions of dollars. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... where does this guy get his information from? The scammer pastors who televise their services maybe... but the average pastor in America makes $86,610. (still pretty good income where I live!) http://www1.salary.com/Pastor-Salary.html

The ignorance of this whole family is ridiculous. I'd be offended if I could just stop laughing! :lol:
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Dphoenix I like your Christmas list. :lol:

I used to belong to independent fundamental baptist which are, IMO, the most dangerous kind of Baptist as far as their beliefs go.
I also went to a private Christian school. A lot of the people I went to school with are on my Facebook list where I shamelessly post about my beliefs. They fill up my feed with Bible verses but when I post something I get messages about them being worried for my soul. :eyeroll:

Most are too nosy to unfriend me hahaha.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

DPhoenix wrote:So all that Harry Potter stuff is real huh? I need to get my hands on Dumbledore's BoS! Could also use an invisibility cloak, balisk tooth... I think I want a pet Phoenix for Christmas! :)
Yeah, what are we witches doing calling the quarters and waving athames and stuff when we could just "Expecto Patronum" and crap?! We better get on that!

Anyways, as far as I can tell, it seems like the fear among (mostly Protestant) Christians and why they hate Harry Potter and stuff is because they don't want to accept that there's any other power besides God that can change people's lives, and any suggestion otherwise (even if it's something as ludicrous as suggesting Dungeon and Dragons or Harry Potter is a gateway into Satanism) is a threat to the supremacy of God ... what do you think?
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Poor Christians and the like will never comprehend we do not believe in the devil! If they would just listen all this "hate" wouldn't happen. Very Sad!

I read the headline on this online earlier and I was like wow what next? People like them really need to do their research!

DPhoenix, your Christmas list rocks!! HeHe :)
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Xiao Rong wrote:
DPhoenix wrote:So all that Harry Potter stuff is real huh? I need to get my hands on Dumbledore's BoS! Could also use an invisibility cloak, balisk tooth... I think I want a pet Phoenix for Christmas! :)
Yeah, what are we witches doing calling the quarters and waving athames and stuff when we could just "Expecto Patronum" and crap?! We better get on that!

Anyways, as far as I can tell, it seems like the fear among (mostly Protestant) Christians and why they hate Harry Potter and stuff is because they don't want to accept that there's any other power besides God that can change people's lives, and any suggestion otherwise (even if it's something as ludicrous as suggesting Dungeon and Dragons or Harry Potter is a gateway into Satanism) is a threat to the supremacy of God ... what do you think?
Couldn't have said it better myself!
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Xiao Rong wrote:(even if it's something as ludicrous as suggesting Dungeon and Dragons or Harry Potter is a gateway into Satanism) is a threat to the supremacy of God ... what do you think?
Oh yes... I remember the days when I was vividly warned about DnD! Because apparently Satanic High Priests use it as a means to actively search out naive children for their nefarious purposes! I was so misinformed about Satanism that I believed they all practiced ritual sacrifice and blood offerings to Satan. When infact most traditions of Satanism do not do such things. Most traditions of Satanism don't even worship the archetypal 'Satan' but the ideals of 'do what makes you feel good and if someone doesn't like it screw em!' type of attitude (paraphrasing of course).

And I will admit... back in the day I was a DnD geek. Used to love to play bards & thieves! Natural 20 FTW!!!!

But I digress... (cause I'm going way off topic).
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

More about the teenage exorcists:
Savannah seriously weighed in on why London is full of dark forces, explaining, "I think it's been centuries in the making, but I believe it all kind of came to a pinnacle, a peak, with the Harry Potter books that have come out, and the Harry Potter rage that swept across England."

Her sister Tess agreed, commenting, "The spells and things that you're reading in the Harry Potter books? Those aren't just something that are made up-- those are actual spells. Those are things that came from witchcraft books."

"Harry is using this magic for good. So here we have the dangerous idea that you can use this magic for good or bad. Whereas in reality, all magic is bad, because you're getting your power from Satan," said Brynne.

The girls have vowed never to read the Harry Potter novels, and hope to help U.K. teenagers defend themselves from "inviting Satan to possess them by reciting the spells in the Harry Potter books."
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Xiao Rong wrote:Check out this article on some teen girls who are hell bent on cleansing the UK of occultism and magic...
Part of a larger trend happening in UK. Sites (like this one) will start getting "filtered" out.
UK Censoring All "Esoteric" Sites
Alura wrote:Seems like the girls are puppets to me.
Indeed.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”