Dream signs?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Bruhdelaire

Dream signs?

Post by Bruhdelaire »

Hi all!

I'm back today to clear my mind from this recent experience - and maybe ask for counsel/opinions on it. As I am still learning - and slowly dedicating myself, I haven't done much in terms of ritual. I did celebrate Beltaine (and rather felt like a disappointment to myself) but I usually keep to daily prayers/thanks at my altar.

Yesterday, as I was falling asleep, I had the strangest of vision/dream. My last words, when possible, are to the Gods and Goddess, and I think one of them visited me.

I saw this hooded figure, where her face was made of wood , the knots of the vines like a body and an old, old face. She was becoming me closer and closer, her wooden hand moving and so inviting and when I reached her, her face became youthful again - and still made of wood. She embraced me without saying a word, and as she turned away, she seemed to follow this glowing orb, not unlike the sun, and the whole world turned black, and I had no other vision left.

My eyes seem to be warm, like I was still seeing for a few moments afterwards. I can't really remember the details of the face I saw, but I can sense that there was a third eye carved onto the wood of the older woman's face.

It is truly my first vision/dream that I can associate with my path - like I mentioned in another topic, I lack the focus for visualisation or grounding exercises usually.

I do feel like it is a good omen, what do you think about it? I want to take it as I am welcomed and righteous in the path I am starting to walk in, but maybe there are nuances I am missing.

(I also don't want to name this figure just yet in fear of doing wrong to the Goddesses I work with - but i do feel like there could be a strong connection between this figure and the Morrigan. But I feel like she isn't one people usually work with this early in a path)

If you have any ideas to offer, I am all ears. Thank you again x
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Dream signs?

Post by SpiritTalker »

My 1st impression was Crone/Maid duality or a female equivalent to Janus/Janu dual male statues. & the old time statues were wooden carvings of course. And I think it's a favorable image of salutation & welcome. I wouldn't worry about insulting one goddess form by naming another. She has shown herself in this way &' i think it's right to recognize Her on her own terms. I get it that you don't want to mix. I'm wondering if the form you presently honor is a mother-form since this was crone & maid?
Bruhdelaire

Post by Bruhdelaire »

Thanks for the message SpiritTalker! I actually have thought long about it before actually coming back to you, my apologies!

I guess I am more interested - or tuned in - to a mother form at the moment. Whilst I want to believe that it is all good, I also think it could be the guidance I need in that dream. Despite all my years reading up about Paganism and Withcraft, I still very much feel like a babe starting to walk, and despite knowing that the Triple Goddess is a thing, I can't seem to see her as anything but a mother. Yet?

(it does speak to me as a mirror image of myself as well - I do feel like an old soul in a very young body, both physically and spiritually, and it is interesting that I have seen both the Crone and the Maid in this vision)

I actually always have had trouble connecting to the Goddess, or any particular Goddesses at first - it took me most of my years to connect to two of them - and I am quite interested in your Janus/Janu mention, I probably need to look more into it as I am not quite aware of what figure he represents!

It does seem that my practice always come in doubles anyway, so why not have this confirmed as well!

You definitely have shed some lights into this still very obscure image! So thanks :) I will definitely take whatever additional points anybody has to make about it.
Mordinna86

Post by Mordinna86 »

I had a dream with twisted wood in it once before, around my childhood school. I think woods are where we are raised, where grow because they nurture and teach us our bearings. Then when we grow up we are nowawadays often forced to not just leave home, but leave nature too, to drive, take on jobs as well as look after home. We have to leave our 'hermit's' cloak behind and upgrade ourselves. Maybe this friend of yours was showing you how her face changes as she moves so you understand you are the same, or that she is reaching through time to talk to you.
Is an old lady trying to keep watch over you? There's often one nearby who knows you, it's weird!

Also reminded me of that Twilight scene where Bella is talking to her gran in the mirror but it's actually herself.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”