Are strange nightmares common this time of year?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Are strange nightmares common this time of year?

Post by SnowCat »

Newbiewitch94 wrote:OK now these dreams are just getting silly
Last night I dreamt I was being chased around a house by spirits which looked like a cross between old men and the green goblin from spiderman
That's right up there with a recurring nightmare that I used to have. The monsters lived in a cave, and they looked like our old Philco cabinet television. Except they were on fire.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

So had another nightmare last night that was extremely creepy. I dreamt a clown head/mask was chasing me and that I couldn't get away. At this point I'm starting to wonder if Nyx is trying to connect with me and I'm interpreting these dreams wrong.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

That's possible.

I'm pretty sure my dreams are stress related. The other night, Firebird and I donned Bigfoot costumes and infiltrated a Bigfoot colony. They were being threatened by a logging operation. We went to help. Last night, I dreamed that it was snowing in my bedroom. I think that was cat sneezing on me. Then I dreamed that I could morph into a red and gold dragon. That one was fun. I just picked my hubby up in my talons and flew us to my friend's party.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
cataluna49

Post by cataluna49 »

I haven't been having scary dreams but my dreams have been super vivid and super strange lately though. How weird!!! [CONFOUNDED FACE]
Empathlookingtohelp

Post by Empathlookingtohelp »

Newbiewitch94 wrote:Merry meet all.
Since the Mercury retrograde started, for the past 2 nights I've been having some strange nightmares. The first one, 2 nights ago was giant spiders chasing me (I'm scared of spiders) and then last night I dreamt a shadowy mass was chasing me. Anyone got any ideas why right now I'd be having these dreams?
I've had this problem before, turns out I was astral projecting and negative beings were chasing me in my sleep. I'd wake up and think it was a dream but it's not just a dream. I'm actually going to start selling protective bottles that I've made and seen work in action so if you want one please let me know even if you don't I can help please message me if you'd like I've been through all of that before so I know how you feel.
Empathlookingtohelp

Newbiewitch94 wrote:Merry meet all.
Since the Mercury retrograde started, for the past 2 nights I've been having some strange nightmares. The first one, 2 nights ago was giant spiders chasing me (I'm scared of spiders) and then last night I dreamt a shadowy mass was chasing me. Anyone got any ideas why right now I'd be having these dreams?
Please believe me when I say this does not have to do retrograde or anything like that and more to do with your soul and the metaphysical world.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

I'll be honest I'd never considered that I could be astral projecting as that's a pretty advanced skill so to speak.
I'm also considering the fact my anti depressants/sleeping tablets could be causing these dreams.
Last edited by Firebird on Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Punctuation
Empathlookingtohelp

Newbiewitch94 wrote:Il be honest id never considered that i could be astral projecting as that's a pretty advanced skill so to speak.
Im also considering the fact my anti depressants/sleeping tablets could be causing these dreams
I have no clue about the pills I have no experience with that but for the astral projecting I never thought of it as a pretty advanced skill, as long as your soul is willing you can do it. When I first started seeing about 3 years ago I was astral projecting in my sleep and had shadows and demon like beings chase me too I made it out but that's because of my imagination it really helps when you're on other plains. Trust me though I'm almost positive it is what I'm talking about because I've been through it more than one time. The only reason I feel I can help is because I've been through it.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Astral projection during sleep is a normal, natural function. Personally, I think that is how we dream, because we slip just slightly out of alignment with our physical form. We don't have to go far far away. Mostly we stick close.

In less industrial cultures, the dream world is believed to be as real as the waking world. When I was a child, I had the usual flying dreams. I fully believed they were equal reality to my waking hours. I didn't know the difference. One day in particular that I remember when I was 4, I had tagged along with my grandpa when he went to do maintenance on the church bell tower. He sat me at the bottom of the loft ladder and told me to stay. Uh-huh. Just like that. Sit. Stay. His English was good enough to have been a bit nicer about it, but that wasn't his style. One did not argue with grandpa.

So, there I was, in the church loft...with the whole empty church down below, and the vaulted, arched roof above. I recall that i checked that grandpa was far up in the tower, and then with an inner whoop of joy launched myself into mid air, flying, doing barrel rolls, somersaults of freedom. I wondered who the little girl was that I saw sitting by the ladder, not realizing it was myself-or rather, my body. When I heard grandpa's big Dutch feet clomping back down the ladder, I went back to stand by that girl. I was dumbfounded that I had a twin! There was a sense of jolting shock, grandpa patted my shoulder and said I was a good girl, and I dizzily got up and trotted after him. I looked back for the twin, and she was gone. It wasn't until I was in my teens, doing some research in the school library, that the penny dropped and I got it.

The challenge, or so-called skill for an adult is in doing so at-will, whether asleep, in meditation, or through mental focus; but the ability is natural and accessible through belief, and remembering those times when we have naturally left our bodies but didn't have a clue.

I've dreamt of those shadowy-chasers too, but out-flew them and left them to wallow in the dust of their own silt. And the shiny-ones who often flew with me said to ignore them. Today, I would call the shiny-ones either my guide or my higher soul-self. These aren't the same thing...guides are helpful spirits, and on their own paths of soul-development, and the higher self is one's own soul.

And I have had an anti depressant prescription for years. I was worried they'd curtail my night flights and I didn't want to give that up. It turned out not to be a problem. Desire, will and belief are more powerful.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've been thinking about what makes up a psychic shield. In my figuring, it comes down to self-preservation, and this forms out of self-control, self-discipline, or what some call a sense of one's own shadow. And these are the components of our own personal self image. Self. Self. Self. Yea, it's all about the personal "me".

When we have night-cooties, night-mares, etc., it's our own shadow. We have to be in a reasonable relationship with our shadow-self, with that part of us that Wills us to survive. We learn who our shadow is by encountering it. These encounters often scare the socks off us. That's the point. That's the way we open the gates to link hands with survivor instinct and learn to control the raw nature of the beast.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”