Broken cups?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
kitaj

Broken cups?

Post by kitaj »

I had a dream last night that my husband came over to my apartment (we are separated, currently reconciling but living apart) for tea, so I brought out my two favorite tea cups and served us both some tea. While I was drinking my tea I thought "these cups are going to break." After we finished our tea, my husband offered to clean up and gathered the cups. The cups knocked together in his hands and shattered, just like I had predicted. My husband, although carelessly handling them, had not broken them on purpose and seemed very sorry about it.

What could this mean?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Broken cups?

Post by SpiritTalker »

That he's sorry about the break up...about your separation.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Cups, in tarot, relate to the emotional. You might want to look into how that and your dream might related to each other.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

In my country, on weddings, we break things - china or glasses which represents happiness and good fortune.
My guess is, it might be related.
kitaj

Post by kitaj »

I think SpiritTalker is right. I've been so angry at my husband, all I could think about was how mean he is and all the things he did wrong, but maybe my subconscious mind has been picking up on the fact that he really is sorry, despite having been careless.

Also, in the dream, he was far more gentle and submissive than in real life, and I was more cool, collected and mature than I usually am so maybe it's signaling a turning point for us where we're growing emotionally.

It would be nice if the broken cups did foretell happiness and good fortune for us. I'm definitely praying for that.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”