Interesting, vivid dream. Would love insight please!!

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Feather&Stone

Interesting, vivid dream. Would love insight please!!

Post by Feather&Stone »

I don't remember how I got to the clearing, but it was somewhere I've never been. There was a large section of the ground covered in leaves, and I remember catching a glimpse of a raven sitting nearby. He was clearly intelligent...he flew off after a moment. It looked as if feathers had fallen from him and I went to pick one up (I LOVE feathers) and realized they were everywhere! Not only that, but mixed in with the fall leaves were the bodies of several ravens. I'm not sure how to describe it but their feathers were glossy in the sunlight.

There was a dead vulture at the far end of this leaf pile (imagine a vaguely oval shape). Across the pile from me (I was standing toward the end of one of the long sides) was a tree. I'm not sure what type of tree it was, didn't get a good look at the leaves or bark. I have the feeling it was kind of hanging over the leaves, but it was pretty tall. It felt like a place of rest. I was unsure but not feeling in danger at all.

Would love anyone's input!
Binglian

Re: Interesting, vivid dream. Would love insight please!!

Post by Binglian »

Hi Feather&Stone, funny things happened. When I was reading your post, I got this extremely warm and safe feeling. Even though you mentioned dead birds and pile of leaves scattered on the ground, I don't feel really negative about your dream at all. In my interpretations, dead birds does not signify negativity. I consider the dead birds and feathers as knowledge and obedience. I believe that it signify control of powers or gaining of knowledge. Since birds are also consider freedom, dead birds could signify lack of freedom or gaining of new responsibilities. Pile of leaves that covered the birds bodies and feathers could also signify something you are trying to holding in, and by discovered them (pick it up), you choose to accept the fate.

Of course, there are many interpretations for the same thing. Some people actually consider the dead raven as unlucky since raven is an intelligent bird. But it really depends on how you intrepret the dream, and how you feel in your dream. If you don't feel you are in any dangerous, then it is probably consider as a good dream.

It actually reminds me of an animated clip I have seen many years ago about a grim reaper, which happens at a place that's similar to what you described here. There is a dead body hanging from the tree where ravens are standing. The pile of leaves scattered on the ground. Its actually not creepy, but rather sad as it reveals the dark side of human nature.

Sorry that my answers are so messy.
Feather&Stone

Re: Interesting, vivid dream. Would love insight please!!

Post by Feather&Stone »

Thank you!!! That was rather in depth and appreciated. :) I didn't feel in danger at all, and a lot of what you said is resonating with me. Especially the gaining of knowledge and responsibilities. Oddly enough, a reaper or a being similar came to mind about the figure standing out of my line of sight. Thank you, Binglian!!

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”