Then there were three: reoccurring dreams

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Clairsentient_Wolf

Post by Clairsentient_Wolf »

I have 3 recurring dreams that I will drop below. *I find it helps to let you guys know that I suffer from Sleep Paralysis and often wake up from these dreams with cramps in my calves that are almost too painful to bare. It's as if I was acting out the dream in my sleep and when I say painful, I mean like get me a morphine drip STAT.

I suffer from reoccurring dreams constantly. It's not annoying to me, but rather challenging to try and figure out what my subconscious is trying to tell me. Now I realize some dreams are just a compilation of things we've experienced or seen or even heard throughout the day that are stored momentarily in our minds and they tend to spring up during deep sleep.

I have the same dreams over and over again for the most part and here is a list of things that keep coming back:

1.) I am sitting at our round kitchen table in my house with my back to the window. My grandmother is visiting and has made my brother and me knitted winter hats.

She is somehow unsatisfied with the results because they seem too big - I know this because she is always putting the light blue one she made for me on her own head and pulling it down over her ears to prove its size. (This has actually happened in real life when she visited once, except that my family is nowhere to be found - it's just me and my grandmother and there is silence throughout the dream).

2.) This dream started happening months after I saw "Divergent" and the "Hunger Games". I am in a field similar to the one in the "Maze Runner". I am surrounded by giant walls that must be 2 miles high so there is no escape from this, what I now call, arena. I am wearing a black leather body suit with a small zipper on the front and I am always nervous at first.

Then a giant gate opens and someone yells over a loudspeaker "Whoever (kills) her, receives a prize or a trophy!" Upon hearing that, I turn tail and run in the opposite direction from a LARGE hoard of teenage boys and girls, all carrying weapons of different kinds but the most prevalent ones I remember are sniper rifles, handguns and shotguns. Out of nowhere, a rickety old shack with 2 stories appears and I immediately head towards it, running inside and immediately up the stairs to hide.

Just as I am reaching the top of the stairs a small group of people have gathered at the door and a boy, always wearing the same black leather body suit as me with dark hair and fair skin, begins slowly walking up the stairs. I kind of recognize him to be the leader of his group or maybe the entire hoard. Perhaps the strongest? He always has a smirk on his face and keeps saying, "You can't hide anymore. I've got you right where I want you and I plan on winning that prize." He pulls his rifle on me and out of nowhere, I pull out a handgun resembling a Glock from my belt strap and we each fire at the same time.

I hear both gun shots and then I wake up. I am never certain who died or who pulled the trigger the fastest.

3.) This particular dream I'm going to tell you about is not one that happens every single night, in fact none of these dreams happen EVERY night but they do make up the majority of dreams I recall having. I am walking through a forest with tall large trees (not Redwoods but maybe just giant maple trees) that inhibit my ability to see the sky for the most part. There's always a time during this short period of walking where I can glance up at the right moment to catch a glimpse of sunlight but for the most part it remains dark. I wouldn't say dark like middle of the night, more of a peaceful comfortable shading.

I walk and walk and walk until I feel my feet getting sore and then come across a fork in the path. There are now 2 dirt trails I can follow and they look the exact same. There isn't the obvious "one is brighter" or "one seems scary". They just look identical. Before I make my decision as to what path to take, I wake up.

I never have a book bag with me as if I were hiking or going for a long walk or perhaps even running away from home. It's always just me in a t-shirt and jeans confused as to which path to take. <<< This dream is probably the easiest to interpret.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My interpretation of the last one ^^^ is this: the original path I'm on in the beginning is my life. I'm slowly walking through life, surrounded by nature in which I feel comfortable. I don't recall hearing birds so I sort of feel nervous at the same time. Perhaps feeling abandoned during my walk of life. The brief sunlight may represent faith or hope for my future but it's still only a glimpse before I walk past it and can't see it anymore.

The fork in the path represents 2 separate ways I can continue in life. Both look the same because as of now, I do not know what I want with my life. The fork could also mean that I need to make a decision about something that I feel I simply cannot make. Since both paths are dark, both seem the same to me (damned if I do, damned if I don't type of feeling). It could also signify 2 separate jobs that I am working on. I have my main job and I will be starting my second job in September. Only issue with that interpretation is that this dream has been going on for years. I only applied for my 2nd job earlier this month.

Any ideas or thoughts on those?
Strong men run into battle and destroy their foes;
Wise men wait for their foes to destroy themselves.
bluejay_1919

Re: Then there were three

Post by bluejay_1919 »

I love your first dream. I believe it's your grandmother visiting you. Is she still alive or has she passed on?? Either way, they can visit us, in spirit, through our dreams. I would take comfort in that dream.
bluejay_1919

Re: Then there were three: reoccurring dreams

Post by bluejay_1919 »

The second one....maybe it could mean, ( and presenting itself through what you've seen in movies recently) that you feel somewhat trapped.. maybe in your beliefs, or just life in general and who you are as a person. All the teens chasing you could be people that are bringing you down in life. But in the end, you come face to face with someone very similar to yourself. Perhaps, it is you. Shooting at each other and waking up not knowing who dies is maybe trying to tell you that you are your worst enemy. And in the end, only you can make the necessary changes that's best for you.

I don't know...that's my thoughts though. Dreams can be tricky. Sometimes they mean something, sometimes they don't. The best are when loved ones visit. :)
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

I feel your first dream is about having someone care enough for you to worry about details. .. Your grandmother represents that care. Also beneath that I believe you are relating your decision making skills to how your grandmother did things. .. 'Is this good enough ? '. And then feeling that it isn't. The third dream echoes this. You question your decisions ( the second dream as well but I'll get to that ). You know no matter which decisions you make , there is always hope. .. You feel you have no one to rely on in these decisions hence the second two dreams. The second one .. It's you battling yourself. In every form. .. And wondering how you can deal with all the problems in life without help. .. Reality is. .. You don't need help. You can battle life on your own. Don't second guess yourself. Any decision you make will be ok. You will overcome your problems and Indecisions .
Clairsentient_Wolf

Post by Clairsentient_Wolf »

Thank you all for your responses. Yes, my grandmother is still alive. I suppose that's what makes that particular dream seem weird.
Strong men run into battle and destroy their foes;
Wise men wait for their foes to destroy themselves.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I won't address the dreams, because I haven't read through and thought about them. I will address the leg cramp issue. You might have restless leg syndrome, or if you're on antidepressants, you might be having a medication reaction. Both possibilities would be something to discuss with your doctor.

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”