Trying to piece together the puzzle

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Vine-Ivy

Trying to piece together the puzzle

Post by Vine-Ivy »

My dream last night has left me slightly confused. I have tried to look into its meaning but since there seem to be a fair few meanings to the dream I can't seem to piece them together. This was quite an upsetting dream. I have deliberately left out details of what I saw.

From what I remember it started with me on holiday on a beach. I was with people a knew in my dream but I don't actually know them in real life. It were as if we were one big family or some kind of tribe.
Everyone was happy and enjoying the holiday, when an earthquake hit. People were panicking. Myself and some of the 'tribe' managed to find shelter in a fallen down bridge.

When the earthquake stopped we found we were trapped in the fallen down bridge. However, the strongest men in the tribe managed to beak a hole for everyone to escape.
When we got out we saw the aftermath of the tragedy. There were a lot of people dead or injured. Those who were alive, including myself, kept saying those who were dead or injured had been exposed to radiation.

We managed to find others from the tribe and rescue some of the injured before finding shelter away from the beach.
The rest of the dream was about everyone trying to find their way back home. We kept exploring places and buildings but having no luck in finding our way back home.

And then I woke up.

I have looked into the meaning of holidays, earthquakes, radiation and not being able to find your way home. However, some of these meanings are conflicting.
I am also struggling to see how this dream relates to me in my waking life. Maybe someone else will be able to tell me how these all link together?
I'm so confused :?

Thank you in advance!!! :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Trying to piece together the puzzle

Post by SnowCat »

The problem I've always encountered with dream dictionaries and such, is that they're very generic. I think a dream like yours would upset anybody. In some respects, it sounds like a past life memory. I will think on it, and let you know if I come up with any ideas.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Vine-Ivy

Re: Trying to piece together the puzzle

Post by Vine-Ivy »

Thanks SnowCat!
I do feel like there were far to many elements to it for it to be trying to give me a message.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”