What Does My Nightmare Mean?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Thirteen

What Does My Nightmare Mean?

Post by Thirteen »

Disclaimer: I understand that dreams are very difficult to understand, especially if they don't belong to you, I'm merely interested in hearing insight from others. :)

When I was a young child, I was constantly haunted by this one nightmare. It happened nearly every night, according to my memories. I don't know when it stopped, but I believe it finally vanished when I was about fourteen or fifteen. Around the time both my grandparents died - my parents and I were taking care of them in our house.

For reference, these are included in my nightmare: Alice in Wonderland, Ace Ventura/Jim Carrey and Pennywise/IT the Clown.

Nightmare:
I'm desperately running through this narrow hallway with various doors of all colors and shapes (Alice in Wonderland), but I never try to open any of them. Instead, I keep running forward. I'm being chased by Ace Ventura, only he has Pennywise's claws/hands, wicked smile and frightening voice that's laughing wildly. He's also carrying a chainsaw.

I run for hours, or so it seems, until I finally find myself at the hallway's end. There's a door, but it is locked and I can't open it. I turn around, Ace Ventura approaches and stands there waiting to attack. The last thing that happens is he speaks, "It's time to realize/Time to wake up/Now it happens...(I can't remember which is the exact sentence.)" Then he attacks me with the chainsaw and I wake up.

My Thoughts on the Nightmare?
Ace Ventura was a character that I adored. I never saw Pennywise at the time of these nightmares, but I knew about the character and had seen him before. I've always been taught to fear men, my mother was overly protective. I think my mind melded the two completely different characters together in a way to remind me that even the sweetest and nicest person can be a monster. I'm not sure, though. The locked doors can symbolize my extreme fear of not being capable of controlling my life.

What do you think?
yukiteru25

Re: What Does My Nightmare Mean?

Post by yukiteru25 »

My thought about your Nightmare.

Well to begin with I do think that the locked doors might be what you said, fear of not controlling your life, or it could mean a restriction made by yourself or by others in your acts and thoughts. The mix between Ace Ventura and IT might be the way that your mind tried to set you free from the locked doors.
How? by having you confront the things you adore with something that you fear, trying to get to a neutral ground with that fear.

The wake up phrase could be the idea that you needed to realize that you were locking yourself.

This is just my thought on it, I hope it helps. If you need anything you can always send me a PM I am always free and here to help.

Blessed Be
Path is but a new book ready to be written and you are the author
Thirteen

Post by Thirteen »

yukiteru25 wrote:My thought about your Nightmare.

Well to begin with I do think that the locked doors might be what you said, fear of not controlling your life, or it could mean a restriction made by yourself or by others in your acts and thoughts. The mix between Ace Ventura and IT might be the way that your mind tried to set you free from the locked doors.
How? by having you confront the things you adore with something that you fear, trying to get to a neutral ground with that fear.

The wake up phrase could be the idea that you needed to realize that you were locking yourself.

This is just my thought on it, I hope it helps.
If you need anything you can always send me a PM I am always free and here to help

Blessed Be
Thank you so much for your wonderful insight. I love hearing how others interpret my nightmare. :)
yukiteru25

Post by yukiteru25 »

I am glad I could be of help.
Path is but a new book ready to be written and you are the author

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”