Dreams of mirror?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Binglian

Dreams of mirror?

Post by Binglian »

Hi, I often dream of mirror, and my reflections in mirror are often horrified. They are either very monster like. or I have a completely different face. It just doesn't seem like myself. Some people told me that's my own reflections, but my images are always changing. There are so many variations, that I don't even understand what does it mean.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dreams of mirror?

Post by Xiao Rong »

Well, at least my first gut instinct would be to say that your monstrous reflection in your dream represents some hidden side of yourself that is difficult for you to accept, but is calling out for your attention (known in Jungian psychology as the Shadow).
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Oh, okay, that makes sense. It could explain why I often hate the reflections in my mirror, because it represents something I don't like about myself.

Thanks Xiao Rong on The Shadow thing, I never really thought of that before. I guess realizing yourself is the first thing I have to do.
Tanya.Yer

Post by Tanya.Yer »

Mirror is the door/window to the "other" world.
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Hi Tanya, do you think that perhaps there is something that's trying to communicate with me?
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Hi :)

Most of the structures that dreams are built up from are based on memory, and most human memories are imperfect, this is one reason why your reflections are distorted.

The good news is, you can reprogram your dream consciousness. Every time you look in a mirror, think to yourself "I'm dreaming, and now I'm fully aware of myself."

This will eventually transfer to your dream self, and you can begin to Lucid Dream.
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Wow, Corvidus, I never heard of this method of lucid dreaming. It is really cool! A few times when I look at the mirror, I know something was wrong, but I couldn't really tell what's wrong. I guess if I took my time and analyse it, I might be able to lucid dream.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”