Dream Interpretation

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Aesiryth

Dream Interpretation

Post by Aesiryth »

Hello...again,
I came to school today and right when I came through the door my friend ran to me and told me about a really disturbing dream he had. He had "woken up" in the dream and started spitting out nails. Not hammer nails, toe nails/finger nails. I've been trying to figure this out all day, but I honestly have no idea for an interpretation. I don't know of any other witches where I live, but I'm not entirely sure now. We are close friends, but I have a dream catcher over my bed to prevent these kinds of things and he does not. If you have any advice or interpretations that would be great. My friend knows I'm a Wiccan, which is why he came to me, but he is more of an atheist so having him do a spell or something alike.

Thanks!
-Aesiryth
(P.S. he mentioned having a mouth full of these nails, not just spitting them out one by one. Pretty grotesque.)
"At the center of your being you have the answer;
You know who you are and what you want."

-Lao Tzu
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Dream Interpretation

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Does he bite his nails in real life?

Rosie [GREEN HEART]
Aesiryth

Post by Aesiryth »

Rosie wrote:Does he bite his nails in real life?
No, but I can see where you would take that. I honestly can't think of anything that he does that involves his nails or nails in general. He's never had problems with dreams either, and by problems I mean disturbing dreams like this.

-Lao Tzu
azriel

Post by azriel »

Dreams are a fickle thing in that a specific symbol can mean something different to each person.

You may want to ask a few questions to your friend to see what he associates with nails; does he see them as something not worth his time, as disgusting, something he must vigilantly keep tamed? The same with the act of biting; does he associate biting with anxiety, being pushed in a corner, overlooking something small that he normally would notice?

Once you understand his views on those two, you may be able to understand what his dream is trying to tell him.

For example, if he believes that nails should be trim and proper, him biting his nails could be a sign that something is out of his control and he does not know how to cope. Or if he sees them as dirty, it may be that something in the real life is bothering, or revolts him.

I wish you luck, and if you are able to retrieve more details about the dream, it could help in the interpretation.

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
graveghoul

Post by graveghoul »

Found these interpretation on this site: http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamthemes/bodyparts.htm
Fingernails

To notice your fingernails in your dream indicate that your defenses are up. Consider the length of the nails, the color (if applicable), the condition, and the cleanliness of the nails for additional meaning to your dream. If you dream that your nails are long, then it signifies your idleness. You are not taking action.

To dream that you fingernails break suggests that you are trying to avoid some situation or trying to get out of a responsibility.

To dream that you are polishing your fingernails, represents glamour.

To dream that you are chewing your nails indicates that a problem is too tough to handle. You are not sure how to go about resolving a situation in your waking life.

To dream that you fingernails are growing rapidly, refers to your desires to reach out to someone. You want to be able to extend a part of yourself to others.

To dream that a man has long red fingernails suggests that he is very in touch with his sensitivity and emotions. It may also relate to issues of sexuality and sensuality.

Toes

To see your toes in your dream represent the way you move and walk through life, either with grace and poise, or the lack of. It also signifies your path in life. Alternatively, toes represent the minor details of life and how you deal with them.

To dream that your toe nails are growing, symbolize an extension of your understanding in a particular matter.

To dream that you lose or gain a toe(s) suggests that you are lacking determination and energy needed to move forward in some situation.

To dream that you hurt your toe or that there is a corn or abrasion on it, means that you are feeling anxious about moving forward with some pan or decision.

To dream that someone is kissing your toe indicates that someone is trying to reassure and reaffirm your progress forward. They are motivating you to do better.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

If you do wish to do a spell for him, he must believe that the spell will work in order for it to work. This could also just be a freak dream. Or indeed an omen, and it sounds pretty negative. There's also the slim chance of a nightmare curse. But who do even know that would curse your friend? Hopefully no one. But, maybe you should advise him to get himself a dream catcher. And if i were you, i would meditate on it for a long while.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
PsychicMeena

Post by PsychicMeena »

It does sound very disturbing, indeed. Dream symbolism and meaning is unique to the person ACTUALLY dreaming of them. However, I feel, for some reason, that this dream can be a bit of a warning. In other words, he may need to be more careful with his actions and what he may say and do to others. Dreams are doorways to our sub-conscience, and this dream can be trying to tell him something about himself. Just my personal take. Good luck with helping him!
Aesiryth

Post by Aesiryth »

Thanks for the help guys. Like I said Jana, I don't know of any other witches or practicing pagans that could put a curse on him. As for doing a spell for him, yeah pretty much impossible. I will ask him a few questions about nails to see what comes up. Hopefully it's not that bad.

Thanks again!
-Aesiryth

-Lao Tzu

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”