The Pit of Tar and Toys

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Peregrine

The Pit of Tar and Toys

Post by Peregrine »

Last week I had a dream in which I was searching for something when a man approached me. He was smiling and kindly told me that he thought it best to recast me. (?!?) He resembled a skinny, white haired, bearded version of James Earl Jones and spoke in that classic deep voice as well. He took me by the hand and, with his other hand, made a hand motion as to direct me to a tar pit. He walked with me to the tar pit and I looked down. The tar pit was loaded with infant's toys (ex: rattles). I was walking across the pit, looking down with feelings of being overwhelmed and confused. The toys looked like they were surfacing up, but appeared to be coming up clean. I was befuddled as to how the tar was coming off of them, as I thought I was going to have to pick them all out and clean them myself.

I read another resource telling me that tar pits are supposed to mean a treacherous enemy leading me to harm, but I felt no threat from this man and I trusted his good intentions. I was not in any danger of sinking into the pit. In fact, as I already stated, the toys appeared to be surfacing up as good as new.

I've had an issue that has weighed heavily on me for about six years and I had just finished a meditation on the subject bothering me. As I stated in other posts, I'm a new Enki fan and he is known by many accounts as a creative problem solver, "the crafty god" who is a sympathizer of mankind.

I woke up feeling comforted somehow, but I am not sure why.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
Peregrine

Re: The Pit of Tar and Toys

Post by Peregrine »

This is the second time recently where I grappled with a dream for a long time before coming here to ask anything, only to find the answer to my own question not too long afterwards. I can understand why nobody knew what to say on my question. It was a bit complicated but I found my answer. :)
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”