Recurring Dreams Help?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Moon_Owl

Recurring Dreams Help?

Post by Moon_Owl »

Hello :)

Generally, my dreams give me very good insight to the future: Mostly insight to my future. But I keep having these dreams, which I'm really confused about. So I would greatly appreciate it if I could get a little help with this.
It's not one dream that keeps appearing, it's more the theme to my dreams. Here we go then :)

I'm in an old looking room. The room is always dark and not exactly spotlessly clean either. There is old stonework somewhere within the room, it was a fireplace. I'm with a man that I know, it is always someone who I have not seen for at least a year. We are both naked, or semi naked, and I am usually worried about taking my clothes off. In the end, I do take them off. As we are about to have sex I decide to go to the bathroom, which is also dark and full of stonework. I use the toilet, and notice that I am bleeding. Not extremely heavily, but enough to freak me out. I then have to walk back into the room, all the way deciding whether to still have sex and if I do, will it make a mess, will the man I am with still want to, etc. I decide not to. And then I wake up.

I have had around three of these dreams, each time the man I am with changes and the place I am in changes. But the room I am in is always old looking, with lots of stonework. And I always end up bleeding too much to have sex.

I always wake up from these dreams very distressed and upset. When I was younger I suffered sexual abuse, which very seriously affects my relationships with men. I'm very sure the dream has something to do with that. But i still can't make sense of it. I would very much appreciate input on what I should be doing about these dreams, and what they really do mean.
Thank you x
shadowx
Banned Member

Re: Recurring Dreams Help?

Post by shadowx »

Interesting... Sounds deeply psychological and like you said almost certainly related to past experiences.

Often recurring dreams relate to a psychological problem or obstacle, a way for your brain to say "im not sure about this, let's practice it so that we can do something about it."

I dont put *any* weight in dream symbols or anything of the sort, each person is unique, however...

From the fear of taking off your clothes perhaps this represents a fear of "coming out" either literally a fear of shedding your protection (be that psychological protection such as denial etc... or literally meaning you are afraid of taking off your clothes), the dark old room perhaps represents the fact that this relates to a darker time or resides in a darker area of your thoughts and memories (which it would) it would make little sense to have such a deep and "negative" dream in a pleasant location like a sunny field of wheat no?

The man... I would imagine he is largely irrelevant, he simply represents a male, a faceless unknown male, it is easier for your brain to remember a face than create one just as it is easier for you to remember what you did yesterday than it is to invent a complete and believable lie.

The blood... I would guess that represents feelings you have that you are "damaged" or otherwise different. It probably suggests that you fear you are psychologically "changed" and that this will prevent you becoming intimate in the future, again it is much easier for your brain to represent psychological harm as physical harm, likewise since it relates to sex what area of the body could be more sexual? So it makes sense.

In summary, and this is just a guess being as i am a male and without an unfortunate past, i believe you have fears of stripping away your psychological protection and showing the real you, or literally a fear of being naked in front of others, you also have a fear of becoming intimate in the future and a fear that when the time comes (if it hasnt already of course) you will be unwilling or have a slight trepidation about becoming intimate or close, you also fear that when you do become intimate something will go wrong. All of this resides in the past, in a dark place that you are afraid to revist.

Like i said, this is just a really rough guess, im not a psychologist nor a female. Dreams are often metaphorical and usually the dreamer themselves can figure them out better than anyone else. See what others say though!

Welcome by the way.
JuniperBerry
Banned Member

Re: Recurring Dreams Help?

Post by JuniperBerry »

Usually dreams about a house represent ourselves, each room relating to an aspect of self.

If a room seems dark, unclean and empty it may represent a part of your self that you feel is neglected. Normally a chimeny represents a phallus and bathrooms represent the instinctual, an unburdening, and/or renewal/cleansing.

I'll let you analyze the rest for yourself. :)
The Gods we worship write their names on our faces; be sure of that. A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As believers in the folk-religion we are studying, we seek after mysteries that expand the scope of our gods and our understanding of them, not reductionist theories that reduce them to manageable and socially productive "functions".

-Our Troth

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”