Returning Again

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
MoonFlowDagda

Returning Again

Post by MoonFlowDagda »

Hi all,

My name is Ryan

I used to practice witchcraft a long time ago at this stage but it got really scary things started to happen i started to predict things and they came true birds would commit suicide against my window.

Those kinds of things happened because I had done some dark magic, it was a bad decision on my part because I wasn't skilled enough to fend for myself I really dived way too deep into doing spells straight away before doing research on how to fix it if it went bad.

I began to become something scary even to me, I'd curse people that did not deserve it. I had a guy taunt a group of people in a chat box saying he was untouchable that his magic was too powerful and he couldnt be hurt by anyone else. So, I proved him wrong and he got hurt.

My bully at the time I got sick of him so I cursed him too and he broke both his legs and get expelled.

Its sad really because back then I knew I held power I felt so in tune with nature and so connected with magick that I felt unstoppable. It wasn't until I realized what I was doing wasn't right that I came back to myself. I decided to break the curses I'd been placing on people and I'm glad I did eventually come back to the right side of myself.

Power can be so intoxicating when you're so young, it's a potent thing. Now I'm not judging anyone for practicing a darker shade of magic, we all have our paths and you can't have good without bad but It did effect my life with the birds, and the predictions, and this uneasy feeling i always had because i was always on the attack.

I quit witchcraft though after the birds kept killing themselves against my window I just felt I was supposed to stop, that id gone too far and needed to relax it for the sake of my family and their lives. So I did. I'm now 24 and beginning anew.

I truly don't know that much about witchcraft anymore but I want to re-learn. I'd love some book recommendations, I am hoping to start again with a clearer older wiser mind this time and actually work my way up from the basics. I'm really excited, I ordered a tarot deck and everything I'm hoping this time I can not be afraid of my predictions and learn to find peace in my spiritual journey again.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Returning Again

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi and welcome to the forum. You have shared a valuable insight. Thanks.
I learned Crafting from Ann Moura’s “Green Witchcraft” 3-book series and liked it enough to re-read. There’s also a “Green Magic” stand alone volume, and a “Grimoire for a Green Witch” & a “Green Witchcraft Tarot Guide.” The author is fam-trad taught by her mother & grandmother.

Christopher Penszak also has a popular teaching set but I haven’t read his.

And then I also like the pre Gardnerian style “Treading the Mill” by Nigel Pearson which is a how-to and is such a popular book that second hand copies are price gouging. If you do a search you’ll instantly see big price differences. I just searched and wallmart had the best price.

A book that’s stood the test of time as Gardnerian-traditional is Ray Buckland’s big blue “Complete Book of Witchcraft” which has review questions for each chapter.
MoonFlowDagda

Post by MoonFlowDagda »

Thank you!

Definitely, I've learned a lot.

Thank you for all the recommendations! I'll look into some of those books :D

I have been tempted by that one but I always feel theres a slightly negative air around raymond, I don't know why I feel that it's just a vibe I get that he's maybe not the best person overall but who can say for sure.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi and welcome to the forum :fairy: For some reason your name sounds really familiar, not the Ryan part but the MoonFlowDagda. Thought we had a member here with a similar or same name, but I'm not finding them.
Might I suggest some sort of ceremony for the birds that may help you in the processing?
All those books Spirit mentioned have great info, Raymond (may he RIP) is well respected and worth a read.
blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”