Peace and Love

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
birublackzoey

Peace and Love

Post by birublackzoey »

Hello to all,

My name is Tim, I am re-introduced to spiritual practices after a long hiatus.

I would say hiatus, as it was only a few years ago that I re-discovered some forgotten memories about my family.
Women in my family, primarily my grandmother have incorporated the advice of a spirit advisor into the protection of the family.
Things like flower baths, egg rituals etc along the lines of indigenous Asian practices.

It was so normalised that it only became obvious when I was reminded and asked my mother again about our family. While she did not identify her mother as a practicioner of any group, she did confirm the spirit advisor which came to my grandmother during her difficult years as a young mother in her 20s.

In 2007, I had a spiritual awakening of my own after an encounter with depression. Since the breakthrough, I am operating differently as a human being. I think my period of darkness was necessary, because it allowed me to push through and find the Light.

Since then, I have many waking signs and synchronicities. On a whole, the relationship I have with the Universe is strong and
more communicative. During the hiatus years, my approach to Life was often of skepticism and cynicism, and I often questioned the existence of a higher power but upon taking that leap of faith, for the first time in my Life, I felt truly seen and that divinity had confirmed its existence. Intuition and foresight have also sharpened to the point that I was able to warn others of certain events before it came to pass.

The synchronicities in particular were the strongest - during my periods of "communication", the signs or answers could come in books, movies, or even people, family, strangers who would relay the message or answer to me, word for word. Today, i still acknowledge that synchronicities are the most reliable affirmations for me in my life and work.

At the deepest connections, I experience anxiety, swelling and nausea before major natural disasters and catastrophes. Each time, the intuitive voice tells me to be prepared to comfort and soothe the people that might be affected. Many times, this comes in the shape of intentional meditation, and mindful cleansing of my mind and emotions.

Unlike my grandmother who communicates with her advisor through prayer, for me, I would call it a clarity and force that is moving within me, and makes it easier to assess a situation or see the unseen dynamics behind things. It is like a path of dots which connect, that I would be able to feel or see.

After 11 years of accepting this opening, I finally feel ready to learn more. On my own steam, I have trusted and strenghtened my connections with Nature, plants and animals. The aspect of healing through cooking which I learned from my mother and grandmother is something I continue. Recently, the practice of forest bathing (shinrin yoku) has also given me further glimpses into clarity - of myself, our Earth, and our race. It is heartwarming and at times heartbreaking, but i am thankful and grateful for what I am being shown.

Theosophy is also something that resonates with me, as it is all encompassing, and it encourages the spirit of sharing and learning from each source.

I enter this forum with all my Intention, Peace and Love, and hope to be accepted by this community. This is the first time I am actively joining and stepping into a space of this nature - as things like this are not often discussed openly in my own community and society. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read this.

My handle are the names of my 3 cats: Biru (Meaning Blue) Heihei (Meaning Black) and Zoey (Meaning Life).
I live a simple life with them and my partner of 7 years.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Peace and Love

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi & welcome. I'm glad you explained your handle. It had me thinking of Piccasso's black & blue period. ...y'know, the guitar player bent around his guitar? Oh well, that's nonsense anyways. Glad you've opened the door & come on in.
birublackzoey

Post by birublackzoey »

SpiritTalker wrote:Hi & welcome. I'm glad you explained your handle. It had me thinking of Piccasso's black & blue period. ...y'know, the guitar player bent around his guitar? Oh well, that's nonsense anyways. Glad you've opened the door & come on in.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... hicago.jpg

:D :D :D
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yep, that it. I like your cat's better.
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

Warm Greetings and a warm welcome!
birublackzoey

Post by birublackzoey »

Blu-Luna wrote:Warm Greetings and a warm welcome!
Thank you, Blu-Luna! smiley_dance

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”