Hello! Introduction and Glad to be a Part of you

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
RavenMoon4

Hello! Introduction and Glad to be a Part of you

Post by RavenMoon4 »

Hello sisters and brothers - I added brothers, sorry!

Gracious to be part of your group and excited for this new venture. I need others who understand my belief as many in my life do not. Sorry, this is long :wink:

The basics:

Likes: Animals, the moon, the night. Thunderstorms. Children, marriage (26 years), kindness, being open minded. Accepting my life and being thankful for all the wonderful things in it. Reading, music except for country, not sweating the small things. Exercise and clean food, with the treat every now and then (love strawberries). Those that work hard and provide for themselves. The colors red, purple and black.
Dislikes: Cruelty to animals, people who are mean and get bent out of shape over petty things. They don't understand their tension is going to shorten their life. People who try to force their beliefs on others and are hostile but believing asking for forgiveness on Sundays makes it all OK. Self absorbed, entitled people. Christian music. Bright lights. People that have silly misconceptions about WICCA and should educate themselves.
Hobbies: Collecting gargoyes and cats, doing good things for animal welfare. Reading. Family time. Vacationing. Meditating.
Maybe the country you live in: USA, Tennessee resident and native
Who are you?

I was a Christian for 35 years. I got a skewed view of Christianity when I was baptized at 19 and 2 weeks later the church sent me an expected donation amount and dated envelopes. I did not go back. My husband and girls believe in that God, my husband prefers me to be a solitary practitioner and not share my beliefs with the family. No worries. My girls do ask if I believe and I tell them it doesn't matter what I believe, that they should believe what they wish. They often ask me questions, like if my husband's Asian friend is going to Hell because he believes in Buddha I tell them no, because the friend doesn't believe in Hell, and refer them to my husband who has read the bible in it's entirety. This irritates him and that is unfortunate. They do not go to church or actively read the bible except when they attend with their grandparents. Married 26 years, together for 23. My husband is a good man and I'm glad I found him. I was cast away from my family and on a bad path. I love him.

Began my path around 2011. Had many questions that Christians could not answer. I've never been afraid of death. Or heaven, hell or Satan. I do not believe in those things. I am very open minded. I accept anything anyone wants to worship and believe in and am interested to know about those things. I do not expect others to believe what I do. I was drawn to WICCA because there are no hard rules to do this or that or believe a concrete way. You can customize your faith. I'm a solitary practitioner now but will keep my mind open.

I practice at an altar a few times a week and during certain moon phases. My altar consists of a pentagram cloth, incense, a colored candle depending on my thoughts for the day, a Raven at the North. I have a bell and broom to push negativity away. I have a raven necklace with a pentagram I feel the energy from. Balthazar, God is to the left. Draga, the Goddess is to the right. I love them, they are beautiful. They began as religious symbols and were placed outside of churches to keep evil away. Does that mean I am Christian? I sure hope not. They are an image I can touch and feel, something their God never gave me. I also read cards. I'm interested in moon spells and crystals. I read many books and have Llewellyn's witch calendar. I also have a book that has a way each day that I can practice my faith. I do not dwell on the past, just the present and the future which are in my control.

My first session, I felt such warmth and energy I was almost giddy. I could feel myself being lifted up. I couldn't stop smiling. I'd found my path! I'm so enriched by the craft and look forward to living this life until death. I believe I will come back as something/someone pleasant after I pass. Sadly, I think in a previous life I was mean and/or full of anger. But I was raised in a mean environment and may be a product of that. My goal is to change and ban the evil inside me and life my life doing as I wish, as long as it brings harm to no one.

Sorry this is so long! I'm excited to be here, in your arms and part of your group. :flyingwitch: Blessed be.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Hello! Introduction and Glad to be a Part of you

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi. I think gargoyles have a lot of character :). Welcome aboard.
RavenMoon4

Post by RavenMoon4 »

Thank you! I feel so much energy today. Gargoyles are grotesque to some, beautiful to me. I appreciate you reading all that.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Greetings Gentle Being,

You don't have to keep things so short. We're all readers and don't mind. May your path be energizing and may you tread be swift and light.

Planewalker
RavenMoon4

Post by RavenMoon4 »

Thank you! Glad to be here. I feel your energy and appreciate being part of your group. I'm going to participate a lot! Be blessed.
LC

Post by LC »

Welcome!
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”